We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs with live music

Kent
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs with live music

Hi all

We are staying in Combe Martin this coming weekend and was wondering if there are any pubs in the area (Woolacombe, Ilfracombe etc) that would have live music on?

We are in our late 30's and early 40's so aren't looking for anywhere too young or lively but we do like a live band and a friendly crowd.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks

2 replies to this topic
Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs with live music

@Modchick, One or two Pubs in Combe Martin lay on entertainment, but it must be quieter than usual there at this point in the season. Possibly just Quiz nights. You might try the Pack of Cards in Combe Martin (High St.), Tel 01271 882300. No promises. Wetherspoons in Ilfracombe is lively at weekends, and there is parking at rear. No live music. jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-admiral-co… . A Taxi might cost over £15 back to CM, and perhaps more after midnight. I'd recommend negotiating the price and book before you ride. Also the Quay and Harbour is lively at weekends (http://www.destinationsouthwest.co.uk/ports/ilfracombe/ ) and it's a nice area.

The Ilfracombe Tourist Information is on 01271 863001, I have no idea how well-informed they are.

CM Tourist Information is on 01271 889031, same as above.

You could take your chances in Barnstaple at the weekend to look for live music, about ten miles away from CM. It's a bit of a trek, and Woolacombe is about the same distance away but its 'Red Barn' is listing a Punky Reggae Party on 02 October. I couldn't recommend much more in Combe Martin or Ilfracombe; that's not to denigrate them, I saw your criteria and I just don't have other ideas. Have a great stay down there and enjoy Exmoor and the views from the Seaside area in CM and Ilfracombe :) Unbeatable.

Kent
Level Contributor
40 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs with live music

Thank you you so much, lots of suggestions there.

I'm sure we will enjoy our time there.

Reply to: Pubs with live music
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe