We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Landmark Theater seating options?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
Level Contributor
28,344 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Landmark Theater seating options?

Can anyone tell me if the view from all seats is clear and good?

I am seeing available Circle and Stalls available and as I'll be travelling a long way over the moors at night I'd like to be sure I enjoy it when I get there.

I would be grateful to hear anyones experience. Thanks.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,241 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

The pictures on the Gallery page of the websitr (nb look right down at the bottom) might give you an idea,,if no other help is forthcoming.....

www.northdevontheatres.org.uk/gallery.php

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,344 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

Thanks Essex, I did look and it seems straightforward but sometimes there can be obstructions depending on the levels of the seats etc.

I realise I'm more used to old theaters with columns and just wanted to be sure. It's a long night travel so trying to get it right.

There's some great stuff on in our little rural theaters this winter. Just the trek!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

Hi Sue, I've been there for a couple of the NT Live events and there are no beams/pillars/columns or similar anywhere in the main theartre (the Madonna's brassiere design comes in to it's own!)

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,344 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

Lol, what!

But thanks Riotstar. They are doing a show I missed at Taunton this spring so willing to do the journey. Roads should be quiet

There are some good things on there and in Barnstaple. Expect another question about that theater shortly ;-)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
4,850 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

Sorry that's what we call it locally - the two big towers (I think meant to resemble a bucket and spade sand castle!) are known as "Madonn's bra"!

Somerset
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,344 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

I always wondered about that. Reminds me of a cement factory. But the inside seems lovely.

Seem to be spoilt lately with all the London shows coming between Taunton, Ilfracombe and Barnstaple.

7. Re: Landmark Theater seating options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2017, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Ilfracombe