We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easebourne

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
Easebourne

Can anyone please advise is Easebourne within walking distance of Midhurst ; what's there.. Is it a village?

17 replies to this topic
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
4,481 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Easebourne

I know Easbourne well, when you cross the bridge over the river Rother at the nothern end of Midhurst you are in Easbourne. It's on the busy A272, there's a petrol station, a pub, shop and a church, it's mainly residential. Much more to do in Midhurst itself.

BTW, it's pronounced Ezbourne.

Edited: 01 April 2018, 05:35
Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
2,195 reviews
2. Re: Easebourne

Yes as Hooameya says, it's in a very busy road, but worth a look. The White Horse pub is good.

http://easebourne.org

http://www.whitehorseeasebourne.co.uk

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
3. Re: Easebourne

Thank you for your reply. Is there good walking in the immediate atea

;I wasn't planning having a car.

I fly into Gatwick so was thinking train best option to Haslemere?

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
4. Re: Easebourne

Thank you.. I'm thinking of staying in the area for around a week;I want to walk explore and decide if it's a place I'd like to x housesit.

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Easebourne

I spent a few days in Midhurst last year. Didn't walk to Easebourne but did do lots of walking in my 'ancestor country' around Woolbeding , Iping and other hamlets across the various Commons. Lovely walking country.

Both Midhurst and Easeborne are on the Haslemere to Chichester bus route. I arrived from Haslemere rail station this way.

When I was heading to Gatwick to continue my holiday abroad, the route was bus from Midhurst to Pulborough and train from there. Best route might vary depending on exact time of travel. Use www.traveline.info to check public transport options between any two places in the U.K.

I stayed at the Swan in Midhurst - highly recommended. Historic but beautifully renovated and comfortable. Relatively inexpensive, for the area. Good breakfast. (They weren't doing evening meals at that point - not a problem as choice of eating places in the town).

Great place to spend a few days' walking.

Buckingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Buckinghamshire, Somme, Winchester
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
2,195 reviews
6. Re: Easebourne

This link is useful, and will give you some ideas.

https:/…Haslemere

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Easebourne

Ooooh! If you don't want to do the house-sit, I will!

----------------------------

Lots of footpaths for walks from Midhurst itself.

Two long-distance paths:

1) The New LipChis Way goes from Liphook to Chichester and passes through Midhurst.

2) The South Downs Way. The local part can be accessed by taking the bus to Cocking, just a few miles south.

One day I took a taxi out to Linch church, where some ancestors married, and had a lovely 4-mile walk back.

There are occasional buses westwards through Stedham, which would enable a walk back across the Commons that lie south from there.

I didn't have time to do all these, but noted for future ....

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Easebourne

Www.streetmap.co.uk will, if you adjust the scale, give you the Ordnance Survey map (3km square? at a time) if you want to see the networks of footpaths across the area.

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,909 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: Easebourne

There's another long-distance path; I forgot the Serpent Trail.

Inverurie, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
150 reviews
10. Re: Easebourne

A wealth of information ; many thanks to all.

Reply to: Easebourne
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Midhurst