We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Civitavecchia to Naples

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Civitavecchia to Naples

I am trying to travel to Naples central station after I finish the cruise @5am. What is the cheapest and convenient way to go? If I travel by train, should I prebooked the ticket to save money and long line up? If I prebooked the ticket, do I need to stamp it before I board the train and approx how long do I need to spare for customs, travel from port to civitavecchia station......if there is a change of train in Rome termini, is it easy to found?........

4 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
6,948 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Civitavecchia to Naples

Tickets purchased on line do not need to be time-stamped before boarding.

On trenitalia.com/tcom-en enter Civitavecchia in the "from" field and Napoli Centrale in the "to" one. Pick an hour of departure based on the scheduled arrival time of your ship at Civitavecchia.

The site will tell you if, where and when you'll have to change. If you can find flights and gates in huge airports all around the world I guess you should be able to find your track in a relatively smaller station. Don't worry!

On trenitalia.com walk-up fares are called BASE, all the other fares you'll see on the site (SuperEconomy etc.) are discounted ones. Those are cheaper, but come with restrictions on changes and/or refunds. Even BASE fare tickets are wasted one hour after the departure of the booked train.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 03:23
Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Civitavecchia to Naples

Thanks

Just want to confirm that I should booked the base ticket with no restrictions, in that case I can change it anytime to another departure train within an hour, correct?

I still want to know approx how long it will take for me to go thru the customs and travel from port to civitavecchia station? (Assuming I am 1st group who can get off the ship)

If I booked the ticket from civitavecchia port to Naples that requires a transfer in Rome termini, I miss the second train due to the late arrival of the first one, what can I do? Am I responsible for it?

Turin
Level Contributor
6,948 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Civitavecchia to Naples

Why would you buy in advance a BASE fare ticket? Trenitalia doesn't need your money before the day of travel! Get the tickets to Napoli either at Civitavecchia station or on trenitalia.com after the ship has docked (I guess you have free internet access on those ships).

> Am I responsible for it?

No, in this case Trenitalia would protect you even if you had purchased the most discounted type of ticket. Note that You wouldn't be allowed to board a later train, you must go to the counter first.

Edited: 20 July 2017, 04:41
Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Civitavecchia to Naples

Thank you very much for your info. Will get the ticket after.

Reply to: Civitavecchia to Naples
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia