We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to rome airport

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transport to rome airport

Has anyone used this site http://www.civitavecchiaport.org to get from the cruise port to the airport.

My research is showing that prices are pricey using cabs and private shuttles. As there is only 2 of us it is hard to do shared shuttle unless they put it together.

Thanks for any info

6 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to rome airport

Hi bon100:

If you are looking to save a bit, you can always take the train from Civitavecchia train station to Trastevere station, then change to train to the Airport.

Trains from Civitavecchia to Trastevere run quite often between 15 mins to 45mins, depending on time of day. The cost is about 4.6Euros last time I checked.

Trains from Trastevere to FCO (Airport) run around every 15mins. Cost is 8Euros.

You can check the Trenitalia website below. These are Regional Trains and so the schedule only comes out 1 week before travel, however you can substitute any date within a week from today to get the rates. Regional trains have no reserved seating.

From Civitavecchia you have to put in "Civitavecchia tutte Le Stazioni to "Roma Trastevere. for that fare.

Then do another search "Roma Trastevere" to Fiumicino Aeroporto." There is a website in English.

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

Hope this helps. We have done it a few times.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to rome airport

Thanks for the info but due to a slight mobility problem I would like to handle the luggage as little as possible.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
10,951 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to rome airport

cruisecritic.com is a sister site of Trip Advisor specifically for Cruisers, perhaps someone there has some recommendations.

Edited: 31 August 2017, 03:39
england
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to rome airport

Hi Ontario travel .

Read your post about transportation from airport , was useful but wonder if you or anyone can help me out

Fly into Rome ( fiiumicino airport ) tomorrow nite, due to change of plan purchased Europerail e ticket from naples to Firenze 28th, travel. Plan is to catch the same train further up the line with my existing tickets , However unsure which train stn to ge the Atalio highspeed train from

googled new train stn appear to show atalio train at Tiburtina Train stn, if so will get hotel for nite close by

Is this the closest to the airport also

Any help much appreciate ,

Cremona, Italy
Level Contributor
243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport to rome airport

Hi patgliverpool,

from a quick search on Italo's own webpage [ http://www.italotreno.it/en ] it looks like most trains call at the more central Termini station. If your train stops there you should look at a hotel in Termini area, which is also easy to get to from the airport using the Leonardo Express train.

Ontario
Level Contributor
228 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport to rome airport

Hi Patgliverpool:

I agree with Luca M. Yes, Termini is the best station. They are both major stations, however Termini is a bit more central. There are many, many hotels around, so no problem there. There are also many Airb&b very close to train station as well. I usually stay with 5-10 mins of Termini for easy early morning access to the train station. I actually have an Airb&b booked with 5mins of Termini for Oct.

FYI, you can take the bus from the Airport straight to Termini, which is 6 Euros. I have used the Terravision or Sit bus, all clean and Air-conditioned. They come right into the station. It certain beats the Leonardo Express, which when we used was hot and a bit dirty. I believe this may be upwards of 16Euros or so for the trip.

The bus ticket can be purchased online before travel. I think you may save 1 Euro if you purchase online.

When you exit the airport terminal, make a right and walk about 5mins or so until you come to the bus depot. If you take the Leonard Express train, there is quite a walk to get to the main area of the terminal.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

Reply to: Transport to rome airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia