We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A day in Montecatini !

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
A day in Montecatini !

I'm staying in Lucca for a few days at the end of the month and want to have some time in Montecatini . So far my agenda is to take the train to Montecatini . Not sure which station is best, Centro or Terme ?? From there I will walk to the thermals baths. I think at this stage I only want to go for a swim, the menu on the website is a little confusing for the treatments and I think the fact that I'm going to have a somewhat busy few days it might be a waste of money having relaxation treatments if I don't really have time to relax ? I see from the website that swimming is 12 euros for 1 hour which is ok. Do you have to wear a swimming hat of some sort. I had been to thermal baths in Ischia a few years back and this is what we had to do. Are towels given or do you have to bring your own ? what about swimwear ? Is a bikini ok, or is a swimsuit more the norm ? Would I have to have a reservation for just swimming ?

Thanks for any info

Nicola

Austin
Level Contributor
546 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A day in Montecatini !

Hi Nicola, I'm giving you a bump since I see it hasn't been too long since you posted....and I too would be interested in knowing about experiences with spas/baths in Montecantini Terme. I hope someone can answer your questions...for both of us! :-)

2. Re: A day in Montecatini !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2014, 12:17