We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Between three hotels & can't decide

phoefling@lths.org
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
Between three hotels & can't decide

We are three couples planning a visit to Positano in June 2020. The three hotels that stand out to us are Marincanto, Punta Regina, and Palazzo Murat. They all look amazing. Can anyone speak specifically about any of them? It might help us to make a decision.

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
102 reviews
1. Re: Between three hotels & can't decide

I have stayed in Marincanto and PR and know exactly where PM is and have eaten there. You really cannot go wrong with any of them. They are in different locations - my favorite would probably be the location of the Marincanto which has stupendous views as it is mid way up the hill and faces the sea and the the iconic crawling village views on the other side of town. It has access to the road and is about 15 minute walk to the beach area via the road (or you can use the hotel's private staircase to the beach - hundreds of steps!) Punta Regina is on the other side of town and higher up with views of Fornillo, the sea and south towards Praiano and Amalfi. It is about a 20-25 minute walk down to the beach.This part of town is quieter and away from the crowds especially at night. Palazzo Murat is in the middle of the pedestrian area but I have heard once within the property it is quiet. You will get beautiful village views and some sea views here but it is not going to give you the sweeping sea views you would get from the other hotels. All three have smaller pools. The Punta Regina does not have a restaurant like the others but serves breakfast and you can get food on the terrace during the day if you want to have lunch there. There are several very good places to eat nearby. If anyone has mobility issues, you may want to take that into consideration as Marincanto and PR require quite a bit of walking.

phoefling@lths.org
Level Contributor
109 posts
1 review
2. Re: Between three hotels & can't decide

This is fantastic information. Thank-you SO MUCH!

san francisco
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
3. Re: Between three hotels & can't decide

I like the Hotel California excellent restaurant.

Reply to: Between three hotels & can't decide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted