We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thunderstorms

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
67 reviews
Thunderstorms

I've been watching the weather in Riva del Garda via an app on my 'phone and I'm concerned to see that there has been thunder and lightning almost every day for the past couple of weeks! Is this a reality or is it just perhaps a bit of extreme weather which occurs in the mountains beyond the lake shore in the evenings, as the heat dissipates?

We'll be visiting for two weeks in July and I don't want think that my holiday will be ruined by unsettled weather. I haven't seen any forum posts complaining about this factor. Any local knowledge gratefully received!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7,109 posts
93 reviews
1. Re: Thunderstorms

No-one can predict what the weather will be like in July, and although last year was unusually wet and cooler it should be generally hot and sunny. There is always the chance of rain or the odd thunderstorm, which are usually shortlived and spectacular, especially at the northern end of the lake. The weather is unsettled at the moment but that's only been the last few days, before that it was very warm and sunny. I find this to be the best weather 'local' website and App as it is constantly updated, but even then only for the following 24/48 hrs.

www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Riva%20del%20garda

Its also interesting to look at the webcams to see what the weather is like in real time, there are a few Riva del Garda cameras on here

www.gardawebcam.net/webcam-gardasee.html

Just make sure you pack a waterproof and an umbrella and you will be fine.

Edited: 23 May 2015, 17:27
Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
67 reviews
2. Re: Thunderstorms

Great info; thanks very much. I'll pack for all eventualities! It's looking a bit stormy on the webcam feed this morning!

3. Re: Thunderstorms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2016, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Riva Del Garda