We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

Please could anyone tell me if there is a difference in the cost of the fare depending on which train you catch? Also, would it be cheaper if I paid for it in advance online or are the prices the same on the day at the rail station. Thank you.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,348 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

Most of the trains between Verona and Rovereto are local (Regionale) trains taking between 60 and 40 minutes. These trains always cost €6.80.

There are also some Eurocity and Freccia trains that cost more but save hardly any time. It is not worth taking these trains.

See www.trenitalia.com

Mentioned in this post
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Rovereto
Rovereto
Province of Trento, Italy
Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
13 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

Thank you for your reply and would you suggest that I just purchase the tickets at the station or should I buy them online beforehand?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,348 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

There is absolutely no point in buying online. The online Regionale tickets are valid only on the booked train or a similar train in the next 4 hours. Regionale tickets bought in Italy can be used at any time in 60 days after purchase. Tickets bought in Italy must be time-stamped in a machine at the station before you get on the train.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
4. Re: Train fares from Verona to Rovereto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2016, 13:17