We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking lot/Escalator Location

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Parking lot/Escalator Location

We will be driving into Spoleto (for the day) from the north (from Perugia on the SS3). Can anyone tell me the directions to the big parking lot called Spoletosfera (which has the escalator up to the Piazza Liberta)? It seems this is the best place for us to park

but I cannot find either the parking lot or escalator on any map.

Many thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Spoleto
Spoleto
Province of Perugia, Italy
Perugia
Perugia
Level Contributor
905 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g194924-i2362-k4434…

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
174 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

Thank you !

Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

Hi Keesha2, I've read the topic sent to you and it is not so easy as described because mostly the Spoleto roads go one way. Allora, take note :

coming from Foligno exit the SS3 at Spoleto Nord.

At the first intersection turn left; at the following roundabout left again; proceed straight for about 900 mt. You'll see the two bricked town arches facing you; at this point turn left before these arches (which is like a U turn) and you will be facing the opposite way you came and after 50 metres turn right into Via Cacciatori delle Alpi. Drive to the end and look for the Parking area on your right hand side.

Mentioned in this post
Spoleto
Spoleto
Foligno
Foligno
San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

I'm curious about the logistics of taking a train from Fiumacino airport in Rome up to Umbria. Is it necessary to navigate stairs in the train stations with heavy luggage? How is luggage stored once on the train? Is it necessary to lift the bags overhead? Appreciate comments from anyone who has taken the train lately.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
Montelparo, Italy
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
469 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

Hi MC, unfortunately it is necessary to lift luggages overhead. From Fiumicino to Umbria it is necessary to change in Termini or Tiburtina station. In the first case you can walk along the track towards the exit and then look on the electronic panel from which track depart the next train avoiding to go down and up the stairs. In Tiburtina it is necessary to step down and up again.

Mentioned in this post
Fiumicino
Fiumicino
Province of Rome, Italy
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
6. Re: Parking lot/Escalator Location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 15:16