We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Assisi to Cascia

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Assisi to Cascia

Can anyone suggest the best method to travel from Assisi to Cascia? If bus is the best method then what bus number is the best?

Dublin
Level Contributor
195 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Assisi to Cascia

Not sure I can be of any help. I have been in Umbria many times (based in beautiful Spoleto) but don't drive. I have travelled by train to Assisi from Spoleto and visa versa. I have also travelled by bus from Spoleto to Cascia and back again to Spoleto.

Cascia , as far as I know, is not on any railway line. I don't know if there is any (public transport) direct link from Assisi to Cascia. You may be forced either to drive or hire a driver. On hiring a driver one of the recent posts on the Spoleto forum talks of a Umbrian driving firm you can contact - I've never used them so I can't comment or recommend.

(As a slight aside Rome may be another common denominator. From Rome you can get a train to Assisi. From Rome you can also catch a bus to Cascia. If you are interested in these options I can find the relevant links for you. One word of caution on the train to Assisi, the train arrives at the edge of Assisi, and then you have to take a bus to Assisi proper).

My best wishes.

G

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,454 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Assisi to Cascia

Probably train to Spoleto http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html - use a date this week to see fares and times. Times not yet confirmed for dates past June 8. Buy in Assisi.

Then bus from the train station, which is Spoleto Stazione on the timetable umbriamobilita.it/public/…E401.pdf There are few direct buses to Cascia, but there are additional connecting buses from Norcia - click Cascia on umbriamobilita.it/it/… to find the PDFs to download.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Assisi to Cascia

I traveled to Umbria in November of 2012. Not wanting to rent a car or waste time sitting on buses & trains when there is so much to see & do; I researched hiring a driver & guide. There were several recommendations for Gianluca Siena of Umbria Driver in TripAdvisor forums, so I contacted Gianluca by email & he helped arrange the trip. Gianluca is born and raised in Umbria, so his advice was priceless. My friends & I saw all the high points like Assisi, Spello and Trevi; but also a chestnut festival in a village so small it’s not on any map! Watching, learning and actually picking olives at a harvest and tasting the new olive oil at the local cooperative olive mill.

This is the way to see Umbria! Gianluca’s service was professional, reliable and very reasonably priced. When our itinerary with him was complete, it was like saying goodbye to a good friend. I highly recommend Umbria Driver for the best possible way to see Umbria. See Gianluca’s website at http://www.umbriadriver.com/sito/about-us/

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Assisi to Cascia

Spoleto is the closest railway station to Cascia so as mentioned before take on e of the direct buses from there.

5. Re: Assisi to Cascia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2014, 13:18