We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ireland in November

yuba city california
2 posts
Save Topic
Ireland in November

I will be traveling to Ireland in November 2017. Renting a car in Dublin, we will be spending one night in each of these towns Dublin, Waterford, Killenary, Dingle, Limerick, Galway, Londonderry, and Belfast flying home from Dublin Sunday night. Do you feel this itinerary can be done with out rushing alot. Any suggestions would be helpful!

15 replies to this topic
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ireland in November

This itinerary can definitely NOT be done without rushing a lot.

In November, it will be dark at about 4.30 / 5 o'clock and you will spend a lot of the daylight hours in the car.

yuba city california
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ireland in November

I was afraid of that! We are taking our elderly father and these are the places he wants to see. What would you recommend? Is booking.com a good place to book rooms in Ireland? They seem to be very reasonable on rates unless i'm not seeing hidden cost.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,652 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ireland in November

He- or you-won't see much beyond the inside of the windscreen, I'm afraid and you will need to rethink and pick absolute priorities.

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ireland in November

I agree with Harvey and I think you will need to drop some of the places, depending on which are the main priority.

Booking.com don't have any hidden charges but hotels should be cheap enough in November anyway.

Lately, I find booking directly with the hotels n Ireland is the best value, unless there are some special deals on hotels.com or booking.com

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,170 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ireland in November

Fairly pointless at any time of year and totally pointless in November when it is dark at 5pm. It's just drive, find hotel, unpack, eat ,sleep ,pack, drive, .... you need more time or less places, and a better month.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,349 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ireland in November

If that's the time you have and what your father wants, I'd do it if I were you.

County Londonderry...
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland, County Donegal
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ireland in November

Your going to need more than one driver for that mileage. it can be done but jezuz your going to spend more time on the road and sleeping than sightseeing. Sorry.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Ireland in November

You can do some justice to those places listed, if you extend your visit to include the whole month of November.

Saginaw, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Western Ireland
Level Contributor
7,930 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Ireland in November

Here's a Trip Report from November 2015:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18659… Report Ireland November

And, some feedback about visiting Dublin in November:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18660…

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ireland in November

For me that's not a feasible / realistic itinerary. I would draw a line across the middle of a map of the island and decide whether you are going to head north or south of that line. Ireland is the sort of place where you will stumble upon things / places that make you stop and simply want to enjoy them. Thus, rushing around from place to place is likely to prove a miserable and tiring experience, particulalry in November when the weather isnt likely to be good and daylight is limited.

Reply to: Ireland in November
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dingle
Recent Conversations