We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Western Ireland

Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Western Ireland

hello everyone

i am planing on going to ireland for 11 days in mid-october.

my plan was 6 days at the western end - rings of kerry, moher cliffs etc, 4-5 more days in dublin.

is it too much time for these locations ?

i was thinking about taking the western side slow and driving / walking around, then to dublin for a few more days of city exploring.

i am traveling with my girlfriend if it matters :P and well be most of the time, during our stay in the rings of kerry area, with a vehicle.

thanks in advance :)

5 replies to this topic
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Western Ireland

This should help you with your planning along the West Coast

http://www.wildatlanticway.com/home

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
266 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Western Ireland

Everyone has their own way, but I'd spend less time in Dublin than in the West. I prefer the Wild Atlantic Way to many of the sites in the east. To each his/her own way.

Southampton
Level Contributor
3,404 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Western Ireland

Agree with eddie, i'd spend a couple of days in Dublin and the rest on the west coast as it is fabulous. My personal favourites are counties Kerry and Donegal.

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
11,653 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Western Ireland

Am with Tongo, but really , anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way is worth your time .

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
121 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Western Ireland

My wife and I went to Ireland last year (and going again next year) and we really preferred the West of Ireland over everywhere else. You can't go wrong. Our plan next year is to spend almost a week in Dingle and exploring the area around there. We only spent 1 day in Dingle last year and it was one of our favorite days of the entire trip.

Reply to: Western Ireland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dingle
Recent Conversations