We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Western Ireland

Israel
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Western Ireland

hello everyone

i am planing on going to ireland for 11 days in mid-october.

my plan was 6 days at the western end - rings of kerry, moher cliffs etc, 4-5 more days in dublin.

is it too much time for these locations ?

i was thinking about taking the western side slow and driving / walking around, then to dublin for a few more days of city exploring.

i am traveling with my girlfriend if it matters :P and well be most of the time, during our stay in the rings of kerry area, with a vehicle.

thanks in advance :)

8 replies to this topic
Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,921 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Western Ireland

This should help you with your planning along the West Coast

http://www.wildatlanticway.com/home

Reno, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,368 posts
275 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Western Ireland

Everyone has their own way, but I'd spend less time in Dublin than in the West. I prefer the Wild Atlantic Way to many of the sites in the east. To each his/her own way.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
Southampton
Level Contributor
4,199 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Western Ireland

Agree with eddie, i'd spend a couple of days in Dublin and the rest on the west coast as it is fabulous. My personal favourites are counties Kerry and Donegal.

Mentioned in this post
Dublin
Dublin
County Dublin, Ireland
County Kerry
County Kerry
Province of Munster, Ireland
Ireland
Level Contributor
12,652 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Western Ireland

Am with Tongo, but really , anywhere along the Wild Atlantic Way is worth your time .

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
131 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Western Ireland

My wife and I went to Ireland last year (and going again next year) and we really preferred the West of Ireland over everywhere else. You can't go wrong. Our plan next year is to spend almost a week in Dingle and exploring the area around there. We only spent 1 day in Dingle last year and it was one of our favorite days of the entire trip.

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Dingle
Dingle
Dingle Peninsula, Ireland
6. Re: Western Ireland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2018, 23:48

Dingle, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle
Level Contributor
14,547 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Western Ireland

Sharon,

Please stop resurrecting long dead posts from people who have been and gone.

I appreciate that you want to advertise writers' week but this is not the way to do it.

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
293 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Western Ireland

After spending 9 days in Ireland last September I believe there's not enough time for any location!

Mentioned in this post
Ireland
Ireland
Europe
Reply to: Western Ireland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;