We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

Can anyone recommend a reliable taxi company for local trips at short notice? thanks

9 replies to this topic
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,310 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

Had a quick look on www.goldenpages.ie

There are many taxi services,here are 2 & they are both mobile numbers

G.Durkin Taxis T/A Carrig Cabs (087) 2570498

CK Taxi Services (086) 0772020

achill
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

If you walk up to the post office there is a taxi rank there.

london
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

thank you very much -

wichita,ks
Destination Expert
for Wichita
Level Contributor
1,807 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

I don't remember the name of the taxi company but I do have what I think is an amusing story. I got off the train in Carrick-on Shannon wanting to go to the Bush Hotel. There was no taxi at the station so I asked the station agent about a taxi and he gladly called one for me. While I was waiting, a local resident, who also had just gotten off the train asked me if I minded if we shared the ride. I told him that was fine. The taxi arrived and we went into town and let the local out and the driver charged him 5 Euro. He drove me around the block to my hotel and only charged me 2 Euro. I was amazed that the local resident was charged more than a tourist.

If you are ever in Carrick the Bush Hotel is a great place to stay. Friendly,very efficient, helpful staff and the building itself is like something out of a Miss Marple-Agatha Christie novel. great Place.

5. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 April 2012, 04:35
Edited: 30 April 2012, 04:35

6. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 10:05

Carrick-on-Shannon...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

Sorry to see you had a bad experience with this taxi driver. Sadly, there are two or three possible suspects in my opinion. If you can give me any description of him or the vehicle he was in, I might be able to help you report him to the taxi regulator in Ireland.

Idiots like this should not hold taxi licences.

Carrick on Shannon is a beautiful, friendly and welcoming town and it's too bad that your visit was spoiled by this experience which is not the norm.

My email is info@carricktaxis.ie.

8. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 18:05

9. Re: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?

Removed on: 10 January 2013, 18:05

Reply to: Reliable Taxi in Carrick-on-Shanonn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Carrick-on-Shannon