We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Hi

I have booked santa fe for sep now there are some really bad hotel reports saying dirty rooms i know we wont be in the room much but the reports have made me wonder if i should change to the cheyenne

Our budgrt wont allow us to book a 3 star at the moment and i was only expecting a budget hotel but i could not stay in a dirty room with my little gd

I have looked at the price and i think it will be about £80.00 to swap if im not charged a admin fee

Any advise would be great thank you very much to anyone that replies

Annmarie

Special Offer
Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off...
1,769 Reviews
from US$147.90*
US$156.42
Special Offer
Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket
736 Reviews
from US$56.80*
US$62.70
Disneyland Paris Express Shuttle with...
32 Reviews
from US$117.10*
Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

I have stayed in both over the years, the rooms are almost identical except for the decor. I can honestly say that I have had no complaints regarding cleanliness at either of them. The breakfasts are identical and in the evening you can enjoy the facilities of either Hotel. Bear in mind that all the reviews, for all the hotels on site, have the same complaints and I take a lot of them with a pinch of salt. If I were you I would stay where you are and spend the 80 pounds on something else at DLP.

Warwickshire
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Thank you very much i know opinions can vary but the last few reports are bad if they are both the same maybe i will save the money and spend it on my grandaughter i will keep a eye on the reports

Again thank you for your quick reply

annmarie

Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

we have always stayed in the cheyenne and the first time we went were rather worried after reading some bad reports but we went with an open mind and we loved it, some people will pick at the smallest thing that i wouldn't even think of. Have you read any reviews from other hotels?People still find thing to moan about in the disneyland hotel which I find very hard to believe, save your £80.00 and enjoy your holiday.

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

I stayed in the santa fe (xmas 09) and it was fine, also had firend there recently who stayed and they said it was fine - dont expect the ritz and you will not be disappointed - it was clean and comfortable - what more do you want xx

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

I agree with the others - you can read bad reviews of all the Disney hotels, even the DLH. I think people forget that you pay a high price to stay inside resort, and have EMH, Characters in the hotels, and be close to the parks. You are paying for location as much as the actual hotel.

Some people think that because they have paid a high price, that Disney owned hotels will be more luxurious or perfect than they are. We have never had to complain about any room, and my room in the Cheyenne in January was perfectly good. I would certainly stay there again if I didn't want to pay for a more expensive hotel.

I have never stayed in the Santa Fe, but rooms were refurbished not long ago with Disney/ Pixar CARS theming, so they should be quite new and smart. The Santa Fe is not very attractive from the outside, ( to me it looks like orange office blocks ) and is a slightly longer walk to the parks as you have to cross a bridge over the canal to the Cheyenne side, to get to the path to the lake, Village and parks.

The main difference is that the Santa Fe is more like a motel, and cars can park near the room blocks. Rooms mostly have 2 double beds, although they do have some with a double and bunks.

The Cheyenne has nicer realistic cowboy town theming, so is probably more interesting for kids. It does not look like a hotel. Rooms have a double bed and set of bunks.

Some people have said that La Cantina restaurant in Santa Fe is nicer than the Chuck Wagon in the Cheyenne, but the breakfast buffet will be the same. The dinner buffets are similar, but I think that La Cantina has more Mexican choices, and Chuck Wagon more BBQ ones.

The Cheyenne and SF are budget category, but all Disney hotels should be clean - there is no excuse for dirty rooms, even if the decor is a bit tired or old. Some guests have no respect for hotel rooms, and allow their kids to scratch furniture, scribble on wallpaper etc, then complain when they get a bad room! The 6 Disney hotels are 19 years old, and are now being refurbished and redecorated for next year, so some people get new ones and some old.

I think they have done all the rooms in the Santa Fe now, as that was started first. They are currently doing rooms in Sequoia Lodge.

If you are on a tight budget, save your money and try the SF. If you are not happy with your room for any reason, go to reception and ask politely and reasonably if you can change to another, explaining why.

Have a look around the Cheyenne while you are there, so you know what that is like for another time.

As you say, you are not in the hotel for long - really just to sleep and have breakfast or dinner. Many people return to the SF hotel year after year.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
La Cantina
La Cantina
242 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Chuck Wagon Cafe
Chuck Wagon Cafe
310 Reviews
Marne-la-Vallee, France
Here, there and...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
4,646 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Stayed in Santa Fe in March for first time in years. Was pleasantly surprised after hearing the odd grumble. Room was spotless and had the new refurbed "Cars" style theming.

We agreed at the time that we'd certainly stay there again rather than one of the higher stars if we wanted to save some cash.

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

I actually booked to stay at the Santa Fe for the first time last August, as my son suggested trying it, but then changed to the New York. The only reason I did this was because the SF and Cheyenne hotels do not have air con in the rooms - just ceiling fans - and I was concerned about being hot at night.

In the end, the weather was not as hot as we have had in August on previous trips, so we would have been fine in the SF.

With the 40% off offer, the price was not too bad for the New York - it cost me another £300. ( 4nts). We hadn't stayed here before either, so I read reviews of that before I booked, and some of those were very bad. We had a lovely room, very clean, and no complaints at all.

Mentioned in this post
York
York
North Yorkshire, UK
Warwickshire
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Thank you everyone

after speaking to a friend today who has been to both hotels i have changed to the cheyenne she told me cheyenne was better for kids with the pony rides and play area and a little closer to the park

I just had to pay £63 more so just hope i have made the right choice

Only thing im a bit cross about is when i booked sf i was told which block i was in and told i could have a ground floor room(due to sight prob) but guy tonight said it was only a rq and i wouldnt know untill we get there i have paid for a buffalo room to be close to restaurant i do feel they do not meet the needs of people with health problems i explained i struggle with steps and asked if it would help if i rang hotel but he said no it would still be a rq

So will have to wait and seee what happens does put a damper on the hol

Thank you again for all the help

Annmariex

New Forest, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
54,286 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

I have read that some wheelchair users have been charged extra for downstairs rooms, even though there are no lifts to upper floors in the Cheyenne ( not sure if there are lifts in the Santa Fe ). This does seem very strange to me, as one would assume that Disney would automatically allocate special rooms for disabled guests.

Pony rides are held in a special area at certain times depending on the weather, but there is extra charge for this. For kids aged 3 and over, max height 1.35cm. I don't have a current price though.

You can buy kids identity bracelets from the desk in reception area, in case they get lost in the parks. € 3.50.

Sweetpea and I were in Buffalo Rooms last January - I was in Sitting Bull, and she was in Billy The Kid next door. It was only a very short walk to the main building and the bus stop.

Have you looked at photos with reviews on TA?

Personally, I would still phone the Cheyenne and explain your difficulties, or write them a letter.

0033 160 45 62 00

One of our posters was staying at the Newport Bay, and taking an elderly relative with some walking difficulties. They phoned the NBC and asked for a room near facilities, and got one very close to reception area. ( I think this is in a Trip Report by Bolebrothers).

The Cheyenne is a slightly shorter walk to the parks, as on the same side as the path that runs alongside the Rio Grande canal.( river ).

The outward appearance is very attractive and has great theming. Rooms are slightly smaller than the SF rooms, as it has the double bed and single bunks, not two doubles.

Cars have to park in one of the two car parks, away from the hotel, so you don't have cars driving to the room blocks as you do in the SF. Some people find this worrying with small kids, so the Cheyenne is better in that respect.

I enjoyed my stay there, even though we are used to the Moderate hotels. My younger son has stayed there twice on school/ college trips and thought it was great.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Newport
Newport
Southern Wales, UK
Warwickshire
Level Contributor
268 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should i change hotel Santa Fe to Cheyenne

Thank you figgygirl

I have just read another new post on santa fe and im sure i have done the right thing

I had not thought about a id band that is a great idea i presume you mean for my grandaughter allthough she will have reins and a arm strap(no way am i going to let go of her lol) a id band would be good

I can not understand why disney are not more thoughtfull about disabled peolpe it does cast a shadow over the hol as people would be worried about not getting a ground floor room i could go up steps but it is not easy but poor people with wheelchairs have no chance i do feel like contacting them and having a moan

I cant remember if you gave me the number for disabled guests if you have it could you post it again

Thank you for your advise and wisdom

Annmarie x