We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location to stay in December

upstate new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best location to stay in December

Going to be in Malta for 4 days with two teenagers in December and wondering about best location to stay....

17 replies to this topic
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
273 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Best location to stay in December

To the best of my knowledge I don't think the set up at the Paradise Bay beach has anything to do with the Paradise Bay Hotel.Some confusion here as you have to travel a fair way to reach the beach,maybe with what they call Cirkewwa Bay which is over the road from the hotel.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best location to stay in December

Agree with you maglazoot as that's what I always believed but am happy to be corrected.

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best location to stay in December

Let's be direct here, December is n't really a beach month. Hopefully you will get some warm sun ideal for relaxation and sight-seeing.

St. Julians has reasonable bus links.

upstate new york
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best location to stay in December

Yes we hope so! We are coming from New York State where it will be cold and snowy so we are just hoping for a little better weather. My father's family is Maltese so we are coming to get a sense of our family history more than the beach!

Island of Malta...
Destination Expert
for Island of Gozo, Island of Malta
Level Contributor
4,424 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best location to stay in December

I'm sure you will bump into Maltese who returned from the US. There are quite a few around from US, Canada & Australia. On Gozo, you see the odd house called God Bless America or Golden Eagle etc!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,010 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best location to stay in December

Supe as said weather can be mixed,but the one thing you won't get unlike New York is snow,you may get rain,hail,cold winds but you may also get warm sunny days,so when packing pack mixed variety,so you can wear layers so if the sun comes out you can take a layer off etc.

As suggested I'd stick to silema or st Julian's with teenagers,as like said bowling alley and cinema in st Julian's in case they get bored,plus reasonable bus connections to Valletta and other areas on the island,both have lots of bars, restaurants and shops,albeit silema better for shops as it has 2 malls one being Malta's newest and biggest mall.

Eileen

Edited: 27 August 2017, 14:33
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,390 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Best location to stay in December

Yet another vote for Sliema / St Julians .

Certainly be no shortage of bars and restaurants .

Graham

Reply to: Best location to stay in December
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations