We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas dinner

essex
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas dinner

We're staying at the Hilton over Christmas & new year and looking for recommendations for Christmas lunch, we would rather it be an independent restaurant than a large hotel TIA

9 replies to this topic
Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas dinner

there will be restaurants all over St Julians and Sliema that do a traditional Xmas dinner.

You will have to book as soon as possible because they get extremely busy .

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas dinner

Contrary to Graham's advice (we don't usually differ) when staying at the Westin (near to the Hilton) over the festive season we have not really found many Christmas Day meal options outside of the hotels, indeed some restaurants were actually closed in St Julians, and others booked up well in advance. One year we actually had our Christmas Day dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe (which sadly I quite enjoyed). It may be that there are more options in Sliema, and definitely in Bugibba or Qawra. In Malta the main celebration dinner is on Christmas Eve, so it is worth booking in advance for this date too, together with New Years Eve and New Years Day. An independent restaurant that I quite like is this one:

http://www.lulurestaurant.com

3. Re: Christmas dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 September 2017, 01:45

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas dinner

Oh dear.

My advice was really based on the Qawra / Bugibba area where I have had several Xmas dinners .

Most hotels do a jolly good traditional Xmas dinner .

Perhaps it would be a good idea to eat dinner at the Hilton ,

They are also bound to put on a gala Xmas eve meal.

Sorry for any misinformation.

Graham

Graham

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Saint Julian's
Level Contributor
2,906 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas dinner

I don't know about the Hilton, but the Westin puts on an elaborate buffet meal on Christmas Day which includes traditional Christmas delicacies and lots of other options. Not being a fan of buffets I've never tried it though. The a la carte restaurants close because some staff take holiday with their families. It's possible the Hilton does the same. I forgot to mention that generally the hotel restaurants in Malta are good, I've tried a couple at the Hilton and they were excellent. Zest at the Hotel Juliani is one of my favorites too.

Graham! Other than the Paceville bars, St Julians is fairly quiet on Christmas Day, quite a pleasant time :)

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas dinner

Most foglaltam karácsonyra Máltán szállást, az Intercontinenál környékén.Mit tudnátok javasolni? Hol érdemes karácsonyi vacsorára foglalni asztalt? Köszi a választ

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas dinner

Eva's message reads (in Hungarian)...

I was booking for a Christmas holiday in Malta near the Intercontinental. What could you suggest? Where is it worth to book a table at a Christmas dinner? thanks for the reply

Lytham St Anne's...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
9,437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Christmas dinner

Danny !

I am very impressed with your language skills .

How many more can you speak ???

Graham

Bugibba, Malta
Destination Expert
for Bugibba
Level Contributor
676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Christmas dinner

All the languages on Google translate !! :)

Reply to: Christmas dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Saint Julian's
Recent Conversations