We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaping liquids

devon
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Vaping liquids

My refill liquids were confiscated at airport. I'm not complaining about that as it was obviously due to safety. Is there anywhere in Lindos I can buy some. Thanks in advance for your reply.

11 replies to this topic
Widnes, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaping liquids

Hi, ikon supermarket sells liquids . I had my charger and battery taken from my case so had to buy a new e cig and charger, the owner is very helpful . They have a full range available.

devon
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaping liquids

Hi Suzanne. Thanks for your positive reply. What I don't want to do is go back to my roll ups after 4 years. Enjoy the rest of your hols x

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaping liquids

Was it confiscated from hand luggage? I've taken my Mod through the airport a few times with no issues, liquids too

devon
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaping liquids

Only my liquid refill bottles. 5 of them, which were in the plastic bag you use through security with your liquids in. The officer said I could make sure my ecig was full, so let me top it up before she confiscated them!! My spare batteries were in my hand luggage. No problem with those.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
91 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaping liquids

We too had no problems with ecigs through the customs at Diagoras, but our refill bottles were in the checked in luggage, no hand luggage. Many people vape in Rhodes, which is fascinating to us! I believe it was security related, you just cannot have any opened liquid bottles, of any kind, at any airport.

devon
Level Contributor
94 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaping liquids

No problems at Rhodes airport on way home. Straight through security. It was outbound confiscation at Exeter Airport.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaping liquids

Hi, there are a few things I will address here.

Exeter airport are being a bunch of tools if your bottles are under 100ml. In my 3 years of vaping I've flown through many airports (Ireland West Knock, Dublin, Belfast, East Midlands, Heathrow, Stansted, Manchester Terminal 3, Krakow, Orlando, Rome and Rhodes Diagoras are the ones I've had to pass through security but add Amsterdam Schiphol, Zurich, Munich and Athens as change points) and I have never had juice confiscated. I DIY my juices and make sure I always make into 100ml bottles to avoid this but full or half empty they have always got through security in hand luggage. Batteries MUST ALWAYS travel in hand luggage and if they tell you otherwise I believe it's actual aviation law to prevent venting and explosion in the undercarriage due to the change in air pressure (and if you're using 18650s or larger in your device or Li-ion for integrated batteries then they can take out a lot of things when they vent).

As for your dilemma (and yes I know I'm about 6 months late but in the interests of anyone else in your shoes I'll continue) the Island of Rhodes has actually got quite a decent selection of retailers. Prices are on a par with or very slightly higher than other EU countries due to import taxes, but they're not hideously expensive. There is something to consider though, especially if you're a hobbyist vaper. Most retailers I've seen both online and in store don't really do shortfill bottles (those bottles that are 50ml with space for a nic shot). Most places do the "shake and vape" method which is confusing at first but most stores will fill the bottle for you excluding nicotine allowing you to get flavours to suit any atomiser instead of missing out on certain brands due to high VG content. I like the concept personally, and it means flavours are just shake and vape.

In my time here throughout summer 2018 I may do a few retailer spotlights if anyone is interested in their travels but to cover the bases of where I've seen or been I'll start with some of the ones to the South of the island.

The main chain from what I can gather on Rhodes is Nobacco. I think they're a Greek chain (think Kix) that basically rebrand major manufacturers devices (so expect to see Eleaf stuff with Nobacco printed on the side and omitting the Eleaf branding) and in my opinion aimed at your "mainstream vapers", ie those just using them as a smoking cessation tool. They of course sell juices too, again generally their own brand stuff. There is one in Archangelos (about 15 minutes from Lindos by car, located on the main street of Archangelos). Driving around Archangelos can be (is) a massive pain though with double parking, poorly marked out roads and no real space but the main town is on one road. There is another one in Pilona (about 5 minutes from Lindos village on the main road/bypass) but from what I've been told by locals (mum) it's basically part of one of the cafes. It is easy to get to if you park by the main church and follow the sign. I've not been in either of the shops, but know they're there. I have been to the Nobacco shop in Rhodes Town (located on the same road as Zara, but the road name escapes me) and the member of staff in there was very helpful and spoke pretty good English. The juice I had (part of their new range designed by a Greek pastry chef) was really tasty though, called DA's Banoffee. It was 16 Euro for 30ml (for decent to premium juice in Ireland it's 15-20 euro for 30ml) BUT with that I also got the remaining contents of the 100ml Vegetable Glycerine and 10ml nic shot to use with my next juice purchase (another benefit of the shake and vape approach, and both can be brought back in your main luggage should you not need them again during your visit). All in all, that specific shop was a worthwhile visit, and I may have to grab some more when up there later today.

If you are in the Lindos and Pefkos area, the shop I use most is Salpicom in Lardos. I went there in November 2017 when I was here last, but due to me being based in Lardos village (10 minutes by car from Lindos, 5 minutes from Pefkos) it's essentially my "local". The owner has reasonably good English (well, he understands me anyways), and I always find him amicable. He is a computer shop too (although I've never really needed that side of things sorting), but his vaping side seems to have boomed in the 3-4 months I was away. He has plenty of flavour choice for those who want it pre-made, a massive selection of DIY juice stuff, he was stocking CBD a while ago, there's a lot of coils, wire (mostly Kanthal, but has some stainless steel), wicks (including my favourite, cotton bacon), devices (although I tend to look at the larger more powerful stuff, he does do others) and tools so has most if not all bases covered. The only pre-mix stuff I bought there was V&V (a Greek brand) and that was 25 euro for 120ml (and also back in November 2017, so whether prices have gone up since then I don't know but still a good 5-10 euro cheaper than Ireland). He is usully open from 10am until 3pm, then 6pm until 9pm but that's a guideline. He is a one man operation essentially so may be out collecting courier deliveries or the like, but he is usually nearby so if he's not there grab a coffee and give him a few minutes.

One thing I did notice is both those shops are that the staff are very perceptive. In Nobacco Rhodes she saw the mod I had and went to get sample bottles so I could drip onto my device when I had trouble tasting out the tester tanks (I'm a low resistance high power vaper so it's completely different to your standard devices), and the guy in Salpicom always likes chatting and showing me the cool new devices he has in stock (I'm a hobbyist vaper so I like looking at new tech and he knows that).

Not sure if that is any help to anyone, but I hope it does.

London, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaping liquids

Probably best to pack eliquids safely in your suite case , airport security is red hot right now ......probably a good thing .

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Vaping liquids

Not really a good thing, especially if you have long layovers, you can quite easily run out of juice. Smokers can bring cigarettes and a lighter, drink is served on the plane, why can't vapers bring their juice through security if it fully abides by the rules laid out by aviation law? Batteries MUST be in hand luggage, as the pressure changes during flight in a planes undercarriage could cause a reaction that cause lithium ion batteries to vent or explode, putting everyone's lives in jeopardy. When I head home in October I'll be putting most my devices in my suitcase but I use rechargeable Li-Ion batteries and they'll be in my carry on luggage.

It amuses and concerns me how much scaremongering, poor research and pro big pharma propaganda gets put out into public knowledge as fact and causes people to think twice about vaping to give up the dirty ciggies.

Level Contributor
447 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vaping liquids

Matt.

When walking behind someone to suddenly be enveloped in a cloud of whatever flavour they are vaping, knowing you are inhaling their exhale makes vaping as equally as dirty.

Reply to: Vaping liquids
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations