We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hermes restaurant

teesside
Level Contributor
403 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Hermes restaurant

Fantastic reviews on this place but it would appear that it is in Rhodes town not lindos can anyone shed any light on this

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
9 replies to this topic
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hermes restaurant

I had to look at the page to see what you mean. It looked perfectly OK and definitely says Lindos but click on the map and it takes you to Rhodes Town! Google maps, Facebook, etc often get the map location wrong and I guess this is just one of those moments.

If you want to visit Hermes 'in Lindos' walk into Lindos from the main square, you'll pass the donkey station on your right, then take the first left and you'll see the sign for Hermes, it's just above Sunburnt Arms bar.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
teesside
Level Contributor
403 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hermes restaurant

Cheer Marcus, it would appear that the reviews are mainly for the Rhodes town restaurant but will check it out

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hermes restaurant

Hey

..Hermes in Lindos is often overlooked and rarely mentioned when recommendations or favourites are sought, hence minimal/no TA reviews. Yet is a decent little place n very often a pleasant surprise. Eklecton is another thats get very little 'airtime', yet, again, is a lovely little taverna..

Mart

Edited: 14 June 2018, 16:46
Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hermes restaurant

Unfortunately, "someone" has combined two restaurant businesses under one name - Hermes. The two Hermes involved, one in Lindos, the other in the Old Medieval Town, are not related and have nothing to do with each other. The names are similar, that is all. That means that all the reviews for both places are combined as well as photos. It is a nightmare. We are working with TripAdvisor to straighten things out. HERMES GREEK GRILL HOUSE IN OLD TOWN has a new TripAdvisor page. You can find by searching here:

Europe > Greece > South Aegean > Dodecanese > Rhodes > Rhodes Town > Rhodes Town Restaurants > Hermes Greek Grill House

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Europe
Europe
World
Greece
Greece
Europe
Dodecanese
Dodecanese
South Aegean, Greece
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hermes restaurant

Yes, most of the reviews are for the Rhodes Town restaurant - Hermes Greek Grill House - and the reviews are fabulous. Of the reviews that exists for Hermes, Lindos, there are many bad reviews. In questions asked on the Hermes page, an unfortunate person traveled to Lindos looking for Hermes Greek Grill House. He found Hermes, Lindos and declared it horrible, just as many have before him.

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hermes restaurant

To be fair, Hermes isn't my favourite Lindos restaurant but I wouldn't say it was horrible. A lot of Lindos restaurants have moved on a bit in terms of style/menu and this one hasn't. Not a bad thing if you just fancy a basic, value for money dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Lindos Restaurant
Lindos Restaurant
469 Reviews
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,712 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hermes restaurant

Hey

...there's one thing being a little miffed about TA mixing reviews together, fair enough. Yet no need to slag off the Lindos version in such an unprofessional and unbecoming manner. Funnily enough despite historic reviews the most recent Lindos one is good..hey ho... live n let live...

Mart

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hermes restaurant

If your business was impacted in a drastic negative way by another restaurant's bad reviews, you might not be so generous. It is tourist season and we work hard to live in Greece these days. 12 hours per day, 24/7 for 5 or 6 months depending on the tourist population. Those great reviews for Lindos Hermes plunged our #4 rating to #101. Thankfully, we now have a separate TA page and are starting over. We have accumulated 60 reviews thus far, and everyone of them is 5 stars. I reacted emotionally in my previous post. Truthfully, I had second thoughts about posting it but could not remove it, so it stayed.

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hermes restaurant

The reviews for Hermes Greek Grill House are still being counted for the Lindos Hermes as well. That is why their rating is so great. Remove HGGH reviews, and you do not have the #11 restaurant in Lindos. It was very smart of them to merge their page with ours because it removed their bad reviews from TripAdvisor altogether and placed them under our business page. Not so smart we couldn't figure out what they did though. TripAdvisor has added new security and procedures to the business merge process. I hope it works because I do not want to see anyone else to go through this devastating experience.

Edited: 21 June 2018, 14:26
Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Reply to: Hermes restaurant
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lindos
Recent Conversations