We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help with some Camerino questions!

PA
Level Contributor
904 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Please help with some Camerino questions!

Thankfully, I have been to Camerino before the devastating earthquake. However, I am returning for a full day, with my cousin and my 92 year old aunt. Her mom was born in Camerino and sadly, she will not be able to see what I did.

But I do have 2 questions and I am really hoping someone can help me.

First, people have said we cannot go into the city center, but can go on the outskirts. Where is that exactly?? Is the area of the University accessible?

Also, we have a driver taking us from Assisi to Camerino, late the evening before. Then we have a full day in Camerino, The next morning, a driver is taking us from Camerino to Rome. We are staying at the Villa Fornari. I would like my cousin and aunt to see as much of the area as possible. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get around that day??

Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Camerino
Camerino
Province of Macerata, Italy
Assisi
Assisi
Province of Perugia, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help with some Camerino questions!

Sorry.

This is a plan of the "red zone" (from the town hall)..All the city center is damaged or destroyed.

officina2630.it/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/z…

Here you can read one of the latest news about the situation in Camerino (July 2017).

inmeteo.net/blog/…

This is an on-line local newspaper:

http://www.viverecamerino.it/

I think the University has suffred some damage..but now the students go again to the University.

unicam.it/pressroom/…ilfuturononcrolla-0

Here you can read something about the project after the earthquake for the university.

Mentioned in this post
Camerino
Camerino
Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help with some Camerino questions!

You can go to the coast.

-There is a beautiful area near Monte Conero with Portonovo, Numana, Sirolo...where the sea and the mountain meet each other. It is a Regional Park.

On this route there are:

- Recanati is on a hill. Here there is the famous Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi's house.

- Loreto is a religious site with the Sanctuary of the Holy House of Loreto. An ancient tradition claims that its walls came from Nazareth and it was the St, Mary's House.

There are 8 km between Loreto and Recanati.

-Near Tolentino:

There is the Fiastra Abbey (Abbadia di Fiastra) belonged to the Cistercians monks. There is a big natural park, too.

There is the "Castello della Rancia" (XIV century)

They are open.

- Near Urbisaglia:

There is an Archaeological Park with an amphitheater and a temple (Roman age).

I hope I was helpful

Mentioned in this post
Portonovo
Portonovo
Ancona, Italy
Numana
Numana
Province of Ancona, Italy
Sirolo
Sirolo
Province of Ancona, Italy
Recanati
Recanati
Tolentino
Tolentino
Fiastra
Fiastra
Castello della Rancia
Castello della Rancia
115 Reviews
Tolentino, Italy
PA
Level Contributor
904 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help with some Camerino questions!

Thank you so much of the ideas. Any ideas of how to get around, being we will not have a car? Taxi? Driver? Rent a car for a day?

Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help with some Camerino questions!

It depends where do you want to go, but I think it's better rent a car to have your liberty and flexibility in your journey or ask for a driver.

Don't use the pubblic trasportation with a 92 years old aunt.

I think you can write an e-mail to your hotel to have some tips and advices about this.

Reply to: Please help with some Camerino questions!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Province of Macerata