We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caracol for June 20th can't find

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Caracol for June 20th can't find

I'm Trying to book Caracol for June 20th, yet I can't find it. Is it merged with other hotels?

What's my next best option for singles?

Edited: 08 May 2017, 21:20
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
Hotel Roc Santa Lucia (Ex Gran Club)
#1 of 4 hotels in Playa Santa Lucia
Club Amigo Mayanabo
Club Amigo Mayanabo
#2 of 4 hotels in Playa Santa Lucia
Casa Martha Santana
Casa Martha Santana
#1 of 3 B&Bs / Inns in Playa Santa Lucia
Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

holasun does it come end of june. the prices are absolutely horrendous for caracol. only other option is roc [ standard room up by the road or pricey close to the ocean

or mayanabo. both with sunwing. carol e.

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

Your other option is to book flight only with Sunwing and pay daily rate at Caracol...with the current exchange, might be expensive. You would have to arrange your own transportation to the hotel from the airport.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

simply not worth it. practically empty resorts and full planes. that's all our greedy tour operators want. so sorry for our cubano friends there

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
90 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

Thank you

I'm leaning towards Roc hotel for single supplement

I think Brisas is more like a family hotel

Any thoughts ?

Renfrew, Canada
Level Contributor
390 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

We stayed at th Roc years ago when it was Gran Club. I highly recommend that you book a junior suite closer to the beach. The "rooms" are close to the road, very smal...I mean very small. We stayed in one for 2 weeks, no balcony, did I mention small? And yes, we hardly spent any time in the room, but I wouldn't do it again. The hotel is under new management. You might want to read a few reviews. It would be my 2nd choice after Caracol. Can you delay by a a week or 2 until Cubans starts offering Caracol?

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,021 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

caracol with the single supplement is unbelievable in cost $1188 with single supplement for 1 week. stops in santiago this time before camaguey.! I think it would have to drop a great deal before booking. hola is probably filling up the plane for holguin/cayo coco or the other resorts. brisas has a lovely beach and great pr person. roc is the middle resort and mayanabo has the best pool. no swim up bar! which ever you choose walk the 4 resorts and have a good luck.

Edited: 09 May 2017, 22:57
7. Re: Caracol for June 20th can't find

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2018, 12:19
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia