We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and Seaweed

Stanbridge East...
Level Contributor
62 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Beach and Seaweed

We went last year to Brisas and there was an issue with Seaweed. Can anyone tell me how the beach is? Is there alot of seaweed. We are looking at the Caracol this time around. I found the beach last year was nicer at the Caracol than Brisas. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

1 reply
Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
5,860 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach and Seaweed

it's not seaweed, it's sea grass!! and kelp and sargasso! they are valiantly trying to keep on top of the cleanup but the problem is the atlantic ocean this time of year. lots of storms and it is both the hurricane and rainy seasons. had a terrific storm delay flite back from camaguey yesterday. will do review oof caracol and roc as soon as I wake up. 24 hrs. to get home. regards carol e. p.s. caracol is half shut. the 1st batch of air trans came in last thursday from montreal and hola starts end of the week. for 2 months. negotiations are underway to sort out the mess with the various airlines. spent 2 nites and 3 days there while at the roc as well.

Reply to: Beach and Seaweed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia