We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roc Santa Lucia?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Roc Santa Lucia?

We are heading to the Roc next week, we have emailed the Hotel yurina@clubst.stl.tur.cu as yet no reply. Could anyone confirm for me if this is a good address and if not suggest another one. Thanks in advance. Peter.

9 replies to this topic
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,352 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

Did you get there before the Hurricane.?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

Well that zone was in the affected region so don't be surprised if you do not receive a reply from the hotel. Communications might be down and local people have much bigger worries atm. Call the travel agency, the tour operator or airline from which you purchased your package.

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

If you look at the date of the original message it was long before Irma was even on the radar. I think the email address would be the last of my concerns had I known at that time of what was to come and my concerns would have been for the people of Cuba and their welfare not the damn email address. A suggestion for you perhaps would be "look before you leap"

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

Sadly we did not get there before Irma, we arrived on Tuesday the 5th-Sept, evacuated to the Gran Hotel Camaguey on Thursday then moved to Memories Holguin on Sunday. Sad to have ones vacation disrupted but a minor inconvenience compared to the damage and distress caused to the homes and people of Cuba and other Islands.

Mentioned in this post
Memories Holguin Beach Resort
Memories Holguin Beach...
1,989 Reviews
Cuba
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,352 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

I just got back from Europe so just saw this now. I am glad you are Okay Peter. Thanks for checking in. I agree with you with regards to the distress to the Cuban people and other islands. Hopefully you will be back to Roc again in the future.

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

everything's coming along except the air flites. prices are silly and toronto is still out of the loop. one airline is ridiculous. carol e.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

Great flight from Mtl starting Oct 1 though, $718 for 11 days Cubana

Pickering, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Playa Santa Lucia
Level Contributor
6,033 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

terrific! nothing from pearson. nuts to this! carol e.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roc Santa Lucia?

got a message from the Public relations manager yesterday. The Roc has opened 2 days ago. He did not elaborate but I am assuming all things are operational. The hotel was closed for over a month. When you get there tell Reinaldo I send regards

Reply to: Roc Santa Lucia?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia