We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing - Santa Lucia

Montreal, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
Fishing - Santa Lucia

Hello

How is the fishing in the Santa Lucia area? Does anyone know if possible to go with hotel catamaran for 2 hr trip? We usually do this in Cayo Coco and Cayo Santa Maria and love it

18 replies to this topic
London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Playa Santa Lucia, Camaguey Province
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

I know people including my husband who have brought their own rods and fished off the government pier. Sometimes it's good fishing, sometimes not, it's hit or miss.

Fishing excursion - 4 fishermen per boat, drinks, 3 hours, (full day also available). When my husband did this excursion he caught a barracuda. You have to have at least 4 people fishing to rent the boat.

Adults 65, Children 25 accompanied. They used to have a rate for people accompanying those fishing also. I will see if I can get an update on this excursion, you never know when prices change etc.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Just ask one of the chicos who take people out on the resort hobby-cats to take you out to the main reef 1.5 km's offshore to do a little fishing for a couple of hours. In theory, that shouldn't really cost you anything at an all-inclusive, although tipping him 10cuc for his 2 hours out on the water with you would be the fair thing to do. I've done this before, and also enjoyed some very interesting conversations while fishing too. Don't forget to pack the cervezas to share - for any Cuban hombre, Bucanero is preferable.

Terry

Edited: 19 March 2018, 22:25
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Still 65 Wanda and now 35 for kids accompanied, Mon, Fri and Sat, 0900 and 1300. Have the up to date list from last week.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Thanks R :) Glad you had a good holiday !!!

Montreal, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

thanks for all the info

We’re heading out there April 19

I’ll make sure to update u on our trip!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Me too, Lisa... although I'll be staying in the city of Camagüey. Good luck with the fishing and have a great time.

Terry

Allenford, Canada
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Hi there LisaR please do update us when you return.We are headed to Brisas on May 2nd

Have a great trip S

Algonquin...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Just got back 2 full days 1 half day deep sea fishing got 70 fish mostly barracuda. Pm me I will let you know who to talk to.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,353 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

Congrats on a successful fishing excursion.

Did they throw them back?

Algonquin...
Level Contributor
3,240 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing - Santa Lucia

They keep the Barracudas and fillet the good eating ones for us and we take them back to the resort to have the chef cook them for us.

Reply to: Fishing - Santa Lucia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Santa Lucia