We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Real Beach

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Palma Real Beach

Interested in booking a condo at Palma Real. Descriptions of the beach there focus a lot on its proximity to the cargo dock . Other than that, how is the beach itself? Nice and sandy? Calm waters for frolicking in? Diesel fuel washing up? Looking at the way the beach is protected by the dock jetty it should be pretty nice.

11 replies to this topic
canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Real Beach

Hello Mike. I have walked around there on the beach and always found it to be very pleasant. I am headed to Palma Real next week and happy to chat there after.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Real Beach

Spent a week there last year and beach was not good. Seagrass accumulated heavily. Never saw anyone in the water from pier south. We went to town and spent time on the beaches there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palma Real Beach

We have been to Palma Real condos a few times now. The beach is great. it is usually very calm and easy to swim in. Seaweed is not predictable, when it is there the staff rake the beach clean as best as they can. We have never noticed any environmental issues with the pier. All the times that we have been there, there is one ship a week that comes in for about 24 hours. it is quite interesting to watch. There are google earth images of the beach for a good look. Also there are few people on the beach as you cannot walk into town along the beach. That is a good thing if you want a quieter more private beach

Baltimore
Level Contributor
497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palma Real Beach

Hi Dave! I to would love to hear about the beach next week. I have booked Palma Real, but cancellation is still possible and I am also considering Holbox if all the PM beaches are trending bad.

Sargassum can come and go, but I'm curious for a current report and comparison to northern beaches.

Mentioned in this post
Holbox Island
Holbox Island
Quintana Roo, Mexico
NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Palma Real Beach

We arrive this Friday. Can't wait! Pool looks great if there are seaweed issues on the beach. Growing up on the gulf coast, I learned long ago that you can't do anything about seaweed or other stuff in the water (jellyfish, tar, trash). Just gotta make the most of it. Hope the condo is as beautiful as the pix. Will post again when we get there.

NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palma Real Beach

We arrived yesterday afternoon. Condo is nice with all of the modern conveniences. Our property manager, Carlos, has been wonderful & picked us up at the airport & have us a brief tour of town. Unfortunately, seaweed is EVERYWHERE right now & we won't be going in the ocean. But the pool is very nice. Most of the roads around the town square are currently torn up & being repaved. No problem for us bc we don't have a car, but it seems to be creating some traffic issues. We weren't able to get a cab back to the condo after dinner last night & had to walk the VERY DARK & desolate mile along the side of the road (no sidewalk). We made it,though, just need a better plan for the rest of our stay. While I do enjoy the amenities of this condo complex, I don't think we'd stay here again due to location.

Baltimore
Level Contributor
497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palma Real Beach

Is the sargassum any better/different north of town, or is it the same everywhere?

NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palma Real Beach

Seems to be the same along the whole coastline. No one is cleaning it up from what I can see. Maybe they've cleaned it around the town square--that's the only place we've seen anyone in the water and it appeared to be mostly locals.

NC
Level Contributor
22 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Palma Real Beach

***UPDATE*** We found the more direct route into town and it's prob 1/2 mile max. No issues at all!

Baltimore
Level Contributor
497 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palma Real Beach

Yay! Do you mind describing route?

Reply to: Palma Real Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted