We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

3 posts
Save Topic
transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

Hi, can anyone tell me please how long it takes via a transfer organised through P&O from the Sydney domestic airport to Circular Quay on a Sunday around lunchtime?? I'm trying to figure out what boarding time to select for our cruise next month! We get into the airport at 11.15 and then collect our luggage and find the transfer bus.

9 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,706 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

Doesn't P&O do the calculations for you based on the 11.15am airport transfer ?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

The bus should take about 30mins to get to circular quay. The rest is getting luggage and finding the bus. Maybe an hour from arrival? I won't be too stressed about it. Boarding will be spread over hours so it is not like you are going to miss the boat. ;)

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

I'm not stressed :) the online cruise control with P&O wants us to select a boarding time before we can print our boarding passes so I was just curious as to how long we'll need to allow from when we get into the airport and then arriving in at the cruise terminal. I thought once we booked the transfer, boarding time would be taken care of by P&O but apparently not.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

I was thinking about an hour but we're from Tassie - we don't know Sydney that well so it's always nice to get advice from someone who knows!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
701 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

sunday traffic in sydney is generally the lowest of the week.. if i need to go into the city thats the day i go...

the only thing that changes this is if there is a city to surf / parade or similar going on...

but you will do the drive in 30 minutes or so..

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
693 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

<<<<<<<<<<<We get into the airport at 11.15 and then collect our luggage and find the transfer bus>>>>>>

Give yourself some breathing space - all seems dependent upon flight arriving on-time - and it probably will, however...…..……………………………………………….

Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,780 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

I was thinking about an hour but we're from Tassie - we don't know Sydney that well so it's always nice to get advice from someone who knows!

----------------------------------------

My last cruise, me and my sister caught the train. Lots of other people caught the train. There is a train about every 10 minutes. Even with staggered boarding for the cruise and a train about every 10 minutes, about 50 people got off our train for the cruise. You can catch the train too.

How much are P & O charging for your transfer? Not saying a train is cheaper but it might be.

An Opal single trip ticket from the domestic airport to circular quay is $18.50 each.

Expect about 30 minutes from arrival at the airport to standing on the Domestic terminal railway station platform.

The train from the domestic airport comes along about every 10 minutes and the trip from the airport to Circular Quay takes 20 minutes.

So, if your plane is on time, you can reasonably expect to be at Circular Quay at 12.15pm

You will be on the wrong side of the railway station on arrival but you can take a selfie with your ship on the way back to the airport. Or. Go down the escalator, lift or stairs and back up the other side of the railway station so you can take a selfie. Here is my not so good selfie from February.

https:/…

sydney
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

Are you definitely departing from the OPT at Circular Quay? Alot of the P & O ships depart from White Bay.

Edited: 26 May 2018, 20:53
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,480 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina

Pacific Eden and Pacific explorer are both using the OPT. I suppose it is off peak season so they don't have to reserve OPT for the mega liners.

Edited: 26 May 2018, 21:05
Reply to: transfer from Sydney airport to Circular Quay cruise termina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted