We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

Ok we are a family of 4 coming to Sydney in December.

I have booked a room at Hyde park Inn but only just thought with the heat in December the kids might want to cool off in a pool.

This hotel hasn't got one!!

Do I change my booking to a hotel with a pool or is there one near by we could use?

Sydney Australia
Level Contributor
8,136 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

Closest public pool would be the Andrew Boy Charlton Pool down along Mrs Macquarie's Rd. You'd have to walk through Hyde Park, and down along through/ along the Domain which is quite pleasant and shady, but a bit of a trek. Quite a bit out of your way most of the time I should think.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Family Travel
Level Contributor
9,239 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

There is the indoor complex at Cook st, would be a10-15 min walk

http://www.cookandphillip.org.au/

Hotels with outdoor pools

tripadvisor.com.au/…22827130

If you search on www.wotif.com you can tick the "pool" box & see the full list, although most tend to be indoor pools.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

Closest pool is Cook and Phillip; literally 500m diagonally across the park.

It's not really a relaxing place though - lots of office workers doing laps and quite warm inside with the pool heating.

Your hotel is right on the bus route for Bondi, Bronte, Clovelly, Coogee, Maroubra, Malabar, Little Bay and La Perouse beaches... travel time from 25mins-50mins depending on route and traffic. Great way to cool off at the end of the day (best time to go down IMO is between 4 and 6pm)

Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

I agree with aussieboy and suggest you visit the beach to cool off: head there in the later afternoon, go for a swim, have some dinner and come back. You'll also sleep like a log.

If you really want to swim in the city, the Boy Charlton pool is a great place for a swim, even if it is a little bit of a walk away.

Enjoy!

5. Re: Hyde Park Inn is there a pool near by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2010, 12:17