We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a hair dryer

albertagirl2008
2 posts
Save Topic
Buying a hair dryer

Where can I buy an inexpensive hairdryer in Sydney? I know I can bring mine and use a convertor but I'd rather just buy a cheapie and leave it behind. Our hotels generally will not have hair dryers, and I need one!

We will be staying very near the Kings Cross rail stop

Thanks!

Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a hair dryer

Hello!

You can pick up cheap hairdryers in most Priceline stores (of which thee are quite a few around the city centre) and the main Woolworths store opposite Town Hall (i.e. on SE corner of George and Park Streets).

If unsuccessful at either of these places you will find a greater range (though perhaps not the cheapest ones) at the main department stores: David Jones (the ladies' store is on the corner of Elizabeth and Market Streets) and Myer (on the corner of George and Market Streets).

Hope that helps!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Airlie Beach, Whitsunday Islands
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a hair dryer

Are you sure,

even the YHA provides hair dryers (in fact I cant remember staying anywhere that doesn't have at least the pathetic clip on the wall ones.

Don't buy one until you need too!

They can be picked up cheaply in some woolworths/coles supermarkets. Also try shops like reject store, dollar shop etc.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a hair dryer

There are several hawk-shops around Central Station on George Street, but you can find them in every center. They're worth to have a look at, maybe not only for the hair dryer.

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a hair dryer

Another thought - the cheapest probably would be at a garage sale, held usually on weekends. Free local papers advertise them in the classifieds.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
715 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying a hair dryer

Pretty much every place we have stayed in Australia has had a hairdryer. Maybe check with the places you are staying. Otherwise you can pick up a cheap hairdryer in places like Big W, Woolworths, K.Mart etc.

6. Re: Buying a hair dryer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2012, 15:17