We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton On the Park

Silicon Valley, CA
Level Contributor
67 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton On the Park

About to book and just noticed the Sheraton. It seems a really good value and the hotel gets good reviews. How is the location for a vacation? Has anyone stayed there? Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,890 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton On the Park

I have not stayed there. But this is a really good location to do all of the main sights in the CBD on foot without relying on any transport.

The Sheraton is located across from Hyde Park and is in the central shopping area of Sydney. From this location it is very easy to walk to Pitt Street Mall - this is where you will find dining outlets located in Sydney Westfield. The Galeries Victoria and the Queen Victoria Building are also easily walkable.

In fact anwhere is walkable from this location - even Darling Harbour and the Quay. It all comes down to your interests really, age and fitness.

Mentioned in this post
Sydney Hotel CBD
Sydney Hotel CBD
265 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Hyde Park
Hyde Park
1,362 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Westfield Sydney
Westfield Sydney
356 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Victoria
Victoria
Australia
Sydney Harbour
Sydney Harbour
19,386 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Quay Restaurant
Quay Restaurant
1,807 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,866 posts
1,833 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton On the Park

The Sheraton Hotel is in an excellent location especially for shopping. The hotel also has an terrific seafood buffet in the Botanica Brasserie Restaurant.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
290 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton On the Park

Yes, excellent location.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton On the Park

Good location for shopping. I don't really like the park opposite, it looks fine from above but it isnt a park I like to linger in. On a vacation though, I would opt for a Hotel in or nearer Circular Quay most especially if its in the summer months. I am not really over enamoured with this Hotel and I cant really put my finger on it. I just think there are better Hotels in Sydney. If price sways you, then its fine, but a few extra dollars may get you something substantially better.

Mentioned in this post
Quay Restaurant
Quay Restaurant
1,807 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,461 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton On the Park

excellent location. grand entrance and foyer. easy to hop on the free 555 bus to get down to circular quay.

brother-in-law from overseas stayed there and enjoyed it so much, he stayed there on the next trip too.

babs.com.au/sydneycityedge/cbd_free_shuttle.…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
311 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sheraton On the Park

Onm, go for it, great location, central to Sydney, good breakfast, a nice address to come home to.

Scott..........and a good sea food buff

Mentioned in this post
Sydney
Sydney
Sydney
Level Contributor
392 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sheraton On the Park

Hello!

The hotel is in an excellent location.

For reviews from guests, see: tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g255060-d256637…

Unsurprisingly, the reviews are overwhelmingly very positive.

Happy travelling!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, New South Wales, Cruises
Level Contributor
11,665 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sheraton On the Park

I've stayed there a few times and I really like the ambience and we've always had great customer service there - I hope that nothing has changed !

See if you can get breakfast included in your rate and if you do, go early to get a seat by the window so you can look out at Hyde Park.

A city view room will most likely result in you looking out onto Castlereagh Street which is not nearly as interesting as a view of Hyde Park.

Mentioned in this post
Hyde Park
Hyde Park
1,362 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Castlereagh Boutique Hotel
Castlereagh Boutique...
777 Reviews
Sydney, Australia
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,866 posts
1,833 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sheraton On the Park

That's 7+ good votes; highly impressive !

Sydney
Level Contributor
233 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sheraton On the Park

This hotel is in a great position, the rooms that look over the park are lovely and the breakfast is good. However, I would not stay there again as the sheets are awful. I really can't understand why Sheraton don't use cotton sheets. The sheets are a scratchy feeling polyester blend. It's such a shame, because this hotel is very good value.