We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

Which Brisbane hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

My wife and I are to visit Brisbane for the first time, in Sept. Some TA posts indicate the public transport system is shambolic, is this the case?if so, maybe we might be better off with a hire car, is the route from Brisbane city to bribie Island fairly easy and straight fwd? we want to get to and from airport and city , head up to Brible for one day. See GOMA do a river cat cruise , have a nice meal then bugger off :)

thanks in advance for any helpful comments,

regards

Convict Stock

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

From the CBD, the Airtrain takes about half an hour. The first one on a Sunday morning is around 5:00am. For two of you, it will cost $30.

At that time of the morning, a taxi will take around 20-25 minutes but cost over $40. I guess it depends how budget conscious you are.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

thankyou v much T74

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

Where will you be catching the train from to the airport?

You should check out the journey planner on www.translink.com.au as it tells you how to get to places by public transport. It's very comprehensive.

14. Re: 48hrs Briz /Bribie - HireCar Vs GoCard?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:16