We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

I am trying to decide between Pullman Sea Temple and Niramaya Villa for family of 6, 5 nights at end of June. Kids are ages 15-21. Realize both are a little far from town, and we are not planning on renting a car. We will book excursions a couple of days, otherwise walk beach and hang out at resort. I read reviews of each and am leaning toward Sea Temple because it is closer to the beach, but some say its a little worn.

10 replies to this topic
ON, Canada
Level Contributor
13,115 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Hi,

We just spent 6 days in Port Douglas and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not familiar with either of those two resorts, but with 3 kids, I would either choose something within close walking distance to the beach, restaurants and shops, or get a rental car. (We were a 1 minute walk from the beach and had a rental). Loved being able to go to the beach for sunrise, sunset drinks, swim, walk on the beach... whenever we felt like it - often 3x/day even when we did excursions/trips elsewhere that day.

Other than the reef, it's easy to do your own sightseeing in/around Port Douglas, so if possible, I'd trade off one of the excursions for a rental car.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
9,114 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Agree renting a car gives you so much flexibility - self tour to Cape Tribulation and Mossman Gorge, Atherton Tablelands etc.

It's a 6km walk from Sea Temple to Macrossan St (shops, pub, restaurants).

York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
7,347 posts
1,571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

I agree that not being walking distance of Macrossan St/the nicer section of beach and not having a car isn't going to deliver the best experience.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,374 posts
1,539 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Hi,

We stayed at Niramaya villa & lo went to Pullman for lunch to check out the hotel. Both hotels are actually very close to each other & are on the outer ring of Port Douglas.

Rent a car .. otherwise shuttle buses run regularly day & evenings. Villa pickup is always available.

Here is my review of my experience of the 2 places .

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserRevie…

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserRevie…

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Thank you! Very helpful!!

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Stayed at Niramaya and was very pleased but a car really helps in Port douglas.

Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Sea Temple has more wow factor with the massive lagoon pool, a better restaurant and much closer to the beach.

They're quite different accommodation styles obviously but I've not been in a Sea Temple room that I've been disappointed in. Unfortunately we're usually going to visit friends staying there rather than staying ourselves but we've had a lot of them stay there over the years and they've all given it the thumbs up.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

In either case it would be wise to rent a car as both are a considerable distance from restaurants, shops and grocery stories.

Edited: 03 May 2017, 22:56
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

Thank you! Based on your advice I booked the Sea Temple, and will be renting a car.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,415 posts
519 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?

While I have not stayed at the Sea Temple I know you will enjoy Port Douglas.

Reply to: Pullman Sea Temple 3BR Villa or Niramaya 3BR Villa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted