We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Douglas Accomodations

Gilroy, California
4 posts
Save Topic
Port Douglas Accomodations

This November, we are staying in Port Douglas for four nights and will have a car. I'd sure like to hear your recommendations/comments or your vote on where to stay. I've booked three places, but need to decide on one and cancel the other two. Here are my choices.

1. Sheraton Mirage

2. Pullman Sea Temple Resort

3. Peppers Beach Club

Thanks for your help.

2 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,315 posts
1,484 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Douglas Accomodations

Hi,

My choices would be -

1. Sheraton Mirage - direct beach access & fab pools. - newly renovated too.

2. Peppers Beach Club

3. Pullman Sea Temple.

Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Douglas Accomodations

Hi Ron, it's hard to beat the Sheraton after its refurbishment, the new rooms are impressive, the acres of lagoon pools are great and it's right on the beach and only a short shuttle ride to town.

Sea Temple would be a close second for the wow factor as far as rooms and complex go, it's a little bit quieter being in the Four Mile area of town and only a short walk to the beach.

Peppers Beach Club is also good but the other two probably shade it for mine.

Alternatively at that time of year, you could probably get a good deal with a luxury holiday home with Executive Retreats for a similar or slightly higher price if you're staying for a week or so, or check out Casa Blanca if you want plenty of space with an amazing backyard.

Good luck...

Reply to: Port Douglas Accomodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port Douglas