We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June

9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June

I want to book a full day snorkeling trip at end of June for my family of 6 (kids 15-21). I'm considering Sailaway's low isles trip and the Silvesonic trip to the Agincourt reefs. Does anyone have any recent experience or advice to share? I like everything about the smaller, relaxing experience described about Sailaway, but wonder if going to the outer reef will give us more of a true great barrier reef experience.

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,807 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June

I have done a lot of snorkeling trips at the GBR, including Sailaway to the Low Isles, and the best experience I've had is with Wavelength. (That's why I've gone out with them 5 times.).

Silversonic would be fine, but I like Wavelength better because it carries fewer passengers and you don't have to contend with divers and all their gear. As Wavelength is a snorkel-only boat, they go to sites that are good for snorkeling (which is not always a site that's good for diving too.)

We went to the Low Isles because we had children who had never snorkeled before and we wanted them to try it from a beach before we went to the Outer Reef with Wavelength. You don't have that issue, so no matter which company you choose, go to the Outer Reef.

9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June

Thank you, this is so helpful! I looked up Wavelength and it looks like a much better option for us.

Houston, texas, USA
Level Contributor
2,120 posts
500 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June

Definitely go to the outer reef!

Reply to: Sailaway Low Isles or Silversonic Agincourt in late June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted