We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Tours & Crocodiles

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
River Tours & Crocodiles

We will be in Port Douglas 10 June for a few days (from Sydney). I'm interested in a river cruise to see crocodiles in the wild. I know it's not Disneyland where they will be present on demand but any recommendations for the best river operator to see them, best time of day etc. I saw recommendations in previous posts for Daintree River Wild Watch and Dan Irby's Maingrove Adventure. Any others?

Also, I could not find these on Google Maps. Do they leave from the same area? Does this make a difference? This is how I envision the day: drive to morning walk at Coopers Creek Wilderness Walk(booked), picnic at Cape Tribulation and then work our way back down to Port Douglas. Thoughts? Thank you!

2 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Tours & Crocodiles

I'm interested to know about this too. We are thinking of doing the Cape Trib wilderness cruise down Cooper creek. It sounds like it will be less crowded. I've heard it's a good idea to check the tides before and go at low tide if possible when the crocs are sunning themselves on the banks. Can't wait!

Port Douglas...
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Tours & Crocodiles

June is a good time of the year to see crocs, as the water is colder and they spend more time out of the water in the sun. Also look at Daintree River Cruise Centre or Solar Whisper. Check the tides, as low tide is better.

Reply to: River Tours & Crocodiles
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted