We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman

Hey guys

I'm super conflicted and need someone to make the decision for me basically!

We had booked at the qt for three nights at the end of October but I have read some terrible reviews on their Facebook page over the last few weeks so decided to blow the budget so we can enjoy some awesome facilities.

Really want a awesome pool to swim in with a bar.

We will be going out a lot of the day but if we are going to spend the money we want the extras to enjoy when we come back to the hotel.

I think my main problem is reading so many reviews

Peppers looks awesome and the only bad thing I see in recent reviews is the amount of kids there usually are staying there and the noise (we are a couple)

Sheraton looks amazing also but have read the staff are not friendly and about someone getting sick from the food recently

Pullman is basically just the most expensive right now

Also does anyone know what the go is with them advertising cheaper rooms in the holiday rentals section of trip advisor? Are they any good?

Basically would really like to hear from anyone who has stayed at any of these hotels or if there is somewhere else I should be looking. Sorry to add to the amount of hotel questions I just can't find what I am looking for.

3 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman

Hi,

We have just spent a week with my 17 year old daughter in Port Douglas and split our stay between Pullman and peppers beach club.

We love, love the Pullman pool. We stayed in a spa room. Beware of price differences when booking. We paid for 2 nights through Qantas - $300 per night. We decided to add another night 10 days prior to leaving and same room through Qantas $220. The big drawback is the Pullman is 5km's out of town and there is nothing else around.

We then moved to Peppers Beach Club and were stunned by the number of small kids... We should have realised as it was school holidays. In saying that by the end of our stay we decided we much preferred this location as we walked everywhere and didn't use the car once. One block beach and one block to town.

We walked through the Sheraton and the pools and grounds looked fabulous. A lot like Pullman as the pool area is so large you don't notice the kids.

There are adult only resorts close to town but they only have small pools.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman

Hi,

We have just spent a week with my 17 year old daughter in Port Douglas and split our stay between Pullman and peppers beach club.

We love, love the Pullman pool. We stayed in a spa room. Beware of price differences when booking. We paid for 2 nights through Qantas - $300 per night. We decided to add another night 10 days prior to leaving and same room through Qantas $220. The big drawback is the Pullman is 5km's out of town and there is nothing else around.

We then moved to Peppers Beach Club and were stunned by the number of small kids... We should have realised as it was school holidays. In saying that by the end of our stay we decided we much preferred this location as we walked everywhere and didn't use the car once. One block beach and one block to town.

We walked through the Sheraton and the pools and grounds looked fabulous. A lot like Pullman as the pool area is so large you don't notice the kids.

There are adult only resorts close to town but they only have small pools.

Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman

Thanks! This really helped 😊

Reply to: Another hotel question Sheraton vs peppers vs Pullman
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted