Needing some help from the experts please! Have read many, many reviews and websites about Port Douglas and Palm Cove and am completely confused now!! :(
I am looking for accommodation with a first preference for Port Douglas but will consider Palm Cove if that better fits our wish list.
We are looking for:
* Large, clean (& newly refurbished if possible) resort style property with large pool and spacious grounds/gardens
* 4-5 star
* Buffet breakfast
* Rooms that can accommodate a rollaway bed next to the main bed
* Self contained - mini kitchenette ok
* Within walking distance to restaurants and shops
* Dining out at nice restaurants but like the options of making some meals in our room
* We will do some touring around (crocodile farm; Daintree forest and Cape Tribulation) but enjoy relaxing in the resort by the pool
* Day spa treatments for Mum!
* Great to have shopping nearby but not overly essential
We will have a hire car so we can use that to get around. We are a family of 3 with young child.
Budget up to $300 per night. Planning to travel in January 2018.
Thanks in advance!