We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

We will be going to the Gold Coast next week, and hope to have a buffet dinner at the Four Winds restaurant. Does anyone know how much in advance you need to book for this restaurant? Does it get full quickly, or is it easy to book the day before you want to go?

Also - I saw mentioned in another thread about this restaurant that someone said to get there at 5:30pm SHARP! Why is that? Does the better food all get eaten earlier?

Mentioned in this post
Gold Coast
Gold Coast
Queensland, Australia
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Hi Chynna

You should book in advance for the weekends but can probably book on the day or day before for weekdays.

The restaurant has two sittings 5.30pm and 8.00pm. If you choose the 5.30pm sitting you will get to see the sunset (if the weather is good) - the sitting last two hours.

There are two buffet stations which aren't particularly large but staff do replenish the food regularly.

Surfers Paradise...
Destination Expert
for Gold Coast, Surfers Paradise, Byron Bay
Level Contributor
6,202 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

I said to get there at 5.30pm sharp because of the reason above. You only have a couple of hours to enjoy, so better if your early. Unless you prefer to eat later at 8pm. (Don't worry though - you will not be the only ones there at 5.30pm!)

I like the early sitting because you get the sunset as a bonus.

You can also get a free bottle of wine voucher out of one of the touristy magazines availble all over the coast.

Edited: 07 November 2010, 01:04
Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Thanks for the replies....

I didn't know it had two sittings, and I do LOVE sunsets!! I never sleep very well on holiday, and as a result have plenty of sunrise pics from previous trips so now I will be able to add stunning sunset pics from the Four Winds too!

I have been looking at previous threads for this restaurant, and someone put on the link to print the coupon for the bottle of wine - yum!

Edited: 07 November 2010, 03:36
Wanaka, New Zealand
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Hi there. I agree that the 5:30 sitting is the better of the two, but given the choice I would go there for lunch instead.

It may have changed since when I went there 1 1/2 years ago, but I went to the 5:30 sitting and was sorely disappointed. As soon as it started getting dark (shortly after we arrived) the lights in the restaurant caused a reflection on the windows. Instead of being able to see clearly out the windows we got a reflection of everyone sitting in the restaurant. Not really the view we had hoped (and paid) for.

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

I agree that lunch time is also good, actually probably my preference as visibility is obviously much better in daylight, however the 5.30pm sitting is almost as good, shame we don't have daylight saving as it would be light for almost the entire sitting. I have been there several times for the first sitting and the reflections didn't bother me. Of course it depends what time sunset is when you are visiting as well.

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Thanks for the additional replies.

Think it will be best to check this out when we get over there and decide what time we will be eating at.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
26,422 posts
2,211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

I havent dined there in years but I used to love the Sunday lunch which included yum cha and seafood. is this still going.

Tommo

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Hi Tommo,

Four Winds specialities are seafood and asian food at every sitting except Sunday breakfast - don't know about the yum cha though...

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
212 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Just thought I'd update this post as I have been to the Four Winds restaurant....

Loved the stunning views, although it was overcast yesterday when we went (which was the case for nearly every day of our 10 day stay!), so it got dark pretty quickly.

We were impressed with the quality and range of entrees and desserts although found the selection of the mains to be a little on the average side compared to these other courses. However, in saying that I would highly recommend anyone else to eat here too - it was one of the meal highlights of our holiday!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
787 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Winds Seafood Buffet Restaurant?

Hi Chynna

Glad that you liked Four Winds - I hope you have the chance to do a review for it.

Shame about the weather - its definitely not the "norm" for this time of year.