We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

Hi All

I am considering booking one of the tasman peninsula tours and I was wondering if you could please tell me what does the Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade) consist of since it is part of the tour.

Is it a clear path or does it involve walking through grass and/or unpaved areas? I am absolutely terrified of snakes (just the mere sight of them would make me faint) and want to make sure that if i take this tour I am not going to come across them under any circumstances.

Thanks!

15 replies to this topic
White Beach...
Destination Expert
for Tasmania
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

I've seen 2 snakes in 15 years in Tasmania, so while there is always the possibility, it is extremely unlikely at this time of year. If you cannot see a snake under any circumstances, then don't go on the walk. That's really your only option to guarantee absolutely that you won't see a snake.

Edited: 24 September 2017, 06:48
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

I think i will do the tasman peninsula by boat tour rather than by land. I have noticed there is heaps of companies selling this tour, do you recommend any particular one?

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,800 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

One of the companies has several websites, and just about every third-party website takes bookings, but I think there are only two companies doing it at the moment:

https://www.tasmancruises.com.au/

https://wildoceantasmania.com.au/

I think they are both reputable companies and you would be happy with either. :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
420 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

Thanks a lot much appreciated. I think you get to see more of the tasman peninsula from the sea than from land.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
27,800 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?

Yes, and it's quite spectacular. Good decision. :)

Reply to: Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk (easy grade)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hobart
Recent Conversations