We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Melbourne in November?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Melbourne in November?

Hi,

My partner & I are travelling to Melbourne on 4th November, I just wanted to know what the weather is like around that time?

Thanks,

Tonya

11 replies to this topic
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

At what time of the day?

Melbourne is famous for the ability to experience 4 seasons in one day. November is a particularly good time to experience this phenomenon

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Any time of the day? We will be walking around a lot, so want to know what sort of clothing to take/wear?

Broadford, Australia
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

It will be late Spring. So it could be cool in the morning, mid twenties in the afternoon and again cooling down at night. It could also be cool all day - 15C. Or 30C+. That is the beauty of Melbourne. Yesterday it was lovely and sunny and 22C. Today grey and 14C.

Melbourne's weather is known for its 4 seasons in one day. Temperatures can vary wildly. A hot day can suddenly see a cold front come through and the temperature will drop 10C in half an hour. That is why you were asked what time of day. It is tongue in cheek, but valid.

So bring clothes that can be layered and include a cardigan/light jacket and a scarf/pashmina. Comfortable walking shoes are a must if you are going to explore Melbourne's compact CBD, laneways etc.

Cheers, UF

Edited: 19 September 2017, 18:37
melbourne
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

It could be hot in the morning and cold and raining, even hailing in the afternoon. Or it could be cold and raining in the morning, and hot and humid in the afternoon. It could be mild & pleasant all day. Anyone who could accurately predict what the weather will be like on the 4th of November this far in advance would stand to make a fortune - it's Derby Day, one of the biggest days of the Spring Racing Carnival

https://www.springracingcarnival.com.au/

Melbourne
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Layers are key, as it's impossible to predict what the weather will be as as other have shown, Melbourne has wildly varying weather. So an idea of what to pack would be a comfy pair of pants, a pair of shorts, couple of short sleeved tshirts, a long sleeved shirt and a cardigan/light jacket.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
15,247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Yup please don't think we are exaggerating. Melb's weather is infamous. There have been heatwaves in cup week and there have been frigid downpours. And yes - sometimes those two can happen on the same day. Bring adaptable clothing and play it by ear. Download a weather ap and watch it in the week leading up to your visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Thanks all :) I'll just take all season clothing with me haha.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Just take one of everything - it's Melbourne!

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Sunny I hope it should be in the 20 degrees +

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Melbourne
Level Contributor
5,674 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather in Melbourne in November?

Before you come, check this web site for the weather.

www.bom.gov.au/vic/forecasts/melbourne.shtml

Reply to: Weather in Melbourne in November?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted