We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tandem Skydiving question

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Tandem Skydiving question

I had a heart attack 6 years ago and feeling/doing well now and just wandering if is it safe for someone with my condition to do tamden skydiving?

Queenstown, New...
Level Contributor
3,692 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

Probably best to get in contact with the skydiving companies and ask them directly, they have the professional, trained and experienced instructors who will know safety limits.

Also probably pay to ask your doctor, again, highly trained person...

Whangarei, New...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

Hi there,

A main skydiving comapny in Northland (jumping in both Whangarei and the Bay of Islands) is BALLISTIC BLONDES. I am sure they would advise you on whether or not it is a good idea. Reach them on 0800 NZ JUMP :)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

Thanks for the replies. I will check with my doctor before making any decisions.

Paihia
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

Hi, After talking with the Sky Dive Companies in theBay of Islands which are Skydive Ballistic Blondes and Bay of Islands Skydive it would be a choice you would need to make with your doctor. Possibly get a medical certificate for clearance. They would take no responsibility. Hope this is of help. Regards Sue.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

Doctor said I should have "stress echogram" to see if I can do it. This involves having an echogram then on the treadmill then another echogram

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,826 posts
440 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

My mum did a skydive and said the stress the days leading up to it nearly killed her! she was a total wreck. There are many other wonderful enjoyable things to do in NZ so either way enjoy your visit.

7. Re: Tandem Skydiving question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2016, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Paihia
Recent Conversations