We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antarctic Centre - Xpress pass or General Admission?

Marlow
Level Contributor
237 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
Antarctic Centre - Xpress pass or General Admission?

Hi,

Further to my previous question, I've decided we're definitely going to the Antarctic Centre on our one day in Christchurch! My question is now about which pass to buy. I like the idea of the 4D shows but am not too bothered about the Haglund ride (which is possibly aimed more at younger guests??). Is the General Admission price worth the extra? Or could we get the Xpress pass and pay extra for just one of the 4D shows? And will 2 hours be enough to allow for our visit? - so that we can fit in some other places as well?

Thank you for your help

1 reply
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
207 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antarctic Centre - Xpress pass or General Admission?

I think paying a little extra for the 4D movie is upgrading from Xpress to General. Maybe someone else can tell you if the 4D is worth the difference. We were happy and entertained for a couple hours with Xpress.

I forgot to mention when I answered your other question, the Antarctic Centre has a free shuttle to and from the Canterbury Museum, so if you don't want to drive into the CBD, that might be a good option for you. The Canterbury Museum is free, with a wide variety of interesting exhibits, and within walking distance of downtown attractions.

Reply to: Antarctic Centre - Xpress pass or General Admission?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted