We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day feed...?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day feed...?

Hi all,

We are arriving in Christchurch on Christmas Day, 2011. I'm yet to book a hotel because I'd need something that either has a restaurant attached, or a restaurant nearby where we can have a meal on Christmas evening. I'd probably be looking at booking something on Papanui or Riccarton Rd, but will need something within walking distance, as we can only get a car boxing day.

Any suggestions, please?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
35,845 posts
362 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

There are very few hotels left in Christchurch ;-( . All Seasons Papanui is one.

I suggest you get your booking in quickly. What is your budget? You may have to settle for a motel and be prepared to walk to a restaurant for dinner.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

Yeah, I'm cool with that, but need to know which restaurants will be open! I'm prepared to spend up to about $250 a night.

New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
28,531 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

You might want to ask the Chch i-SITE (tourist information) if they have a list of restaurants open on Christmas Day. You can email them at info@christchurchnz.com <info@christchurchnz.com>

best of luck :)

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
8,189 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

I would sort this out in advance. quite a large number of the larger hotels are closed and restaurants that open will be very busy.

If you are in Papanui try Number 4 in Mansfield St Merevale.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

Cheers @WanakaLakes, I've just emailed them!

6. Re: Christmas Day feed...?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 12:19