We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?

Neuchatel...
Level Contributor
138 posts
143 reviews
Save Topic
Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?

I will be in Armidale for a few days next April with 22 high school students. We'll be coming from Quirindi and then after Armidale, heading for Belligen. Since we will be spending a full day in Dorrigo National Park while in Belligen, I'm looking for another good park to visit from Armidale (not a rainforest like Dorrigo) - OR on the way there from Quirindi. We have a school bus. I see where they are on the map, but WHERE one enters these parks is not clear. Does anyone know which of these parks - Warrabah or Coolah Tops, or the area around Gunnedah - would be the best to visit? I've tried contacting the National Park Service in Warradah but get no answer. I'd like a place where we can see plenty of wildlife and preferably hike with a ranger. Any helpful tips appreciated!

3 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
13,092 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?

Hi,

Your best bet would be Ebor Falls in Oxley Wild Rivers NP. Spectacular "look down" and the walk to the base and back will see tired students :-) Close to Armidale and easily accessible by bus.

Cheers,

Ballina, Australia
Level Contributor
939 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?

Warrabah looks good. Access via Barrabra

Wauchope, Australia
Level Contributor
583 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?

For Coolah Tops try contacting the rangers at Mudgee, I'm pretty sure they still manage Coolah. What are you actually wanting to show the kids? What is the objective of the excursion? I'm not familiar with Warrabah.....

Reply to: Warrabah? Coolah Tops, Gunnedah?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Armidale