We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands

Ahmedabad, India
3 posts
4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

I am planning my Honeymoon trip in 2nd week of December 2021. In that i am planning to book 1st night at a Hotel in Mafushi and then the next 3 nights at a private Island. I got the information that while changing islands we have to go back to the airport and do all the necessary formalities which consumes a lot of time. Your valuable guidance will be appreciable.

9 replies to this topic
Aarhus, Denmark
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

Hello:-)

We're doing almost the same in February.

Was it possible for you? Did you have to get a pcr - and what was the cost of that?

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

You do need a PCR test to get in. But the island transfer is not a problem. You just go back to Male catch a different ferry and go to the next island.

We are here now doing a four island budget tour of the Maldives. This is island number two. Everything is open and we’ve experienced no issues. We do a daily Facebook post with our expenses and budget if you would like to see what a budget Maldives island hopping tour looks like. Average Nomads

3. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

Hello, if I want to go to Fulidhoo from Maafushi then do I have to take the covid test?

Edited: 27 January 2022, 06:35
Kardamena, Greece
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
273 reviews
219 helpful votes
4. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

No you do not have to test from one inhabited island to the next.

Kardamena, Greece
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
273 reviews
219 helpful votes
5. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

No you do not have to test from one inhabited island to the next.

6. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

Thanks a lot for the info.

7. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

Was it any issue to go from public to private island.?rtpcr was needed or not?

8. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

Was it any issue to go from public to private island.?rtpcr was needed or not?

Northumberland...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
7,295 posts
55 reviews
128 helpful votes
9. Re: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Save

@Paramita Ghosh, the Maldives Authorities no longer require Covid tests to be taken to move from island to island however some resorts are still demanding this. If you have a resort in mind you should contact them and ask what is their policy on testing when transferring from another island.

Reply to: 4N/5D stay at 2 different Islands
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Maafushi Island
© 2022 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.