We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BOAT trips

London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
BOAT trips

We are going to Russell in December.

I'd like to do a boat trip to see the islands and hopefully dolphins but I'll have an 18mth old and 4yr old with me.

Is this possible/advisable? Any recommendations of tours?

I'll use a sling rather than a buggy if that's relevant.

Thabks

Mentioned in this post
Russell
Russell
Bay of Islands, New Zealand
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
38,915 posts
432 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BOAT trips

With the kids, I'd opt for a shorter trip rather than the longer scenic cruises e.g. Hole-in-the-Rock. IME kids don't really appreciate scenery.

Last year I went on a half day trip called "cliffs & caves" iirc. It was short and we spent time on a very nice beach.

dolphincruises.co.nz/island-adventurer-cruis…

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
17,308 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BOAT trips

I also recommend a half-day cruise, as opposed to the longer trips. Having travelled on boats when my two children were small, we found the more facilities on board the better. The Explore Group have moved their vessels from Waiheke Island to the Bay of Islands. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend their cruises for comfort. Fullers dolphin cruise would be a comfortable trip also, and they have long been established in the BOI.

exploregroup.co.nz/en/…

http://www.dolphincruises.co.nz/

Mentioned in this post
Bay of Islands
Bay of Islands
Northland Region, New Zealand
London, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: BOAT trips

Thank you. I'll Take a look at these.

My husband won't be with me and he's terrified I'm going to let them drown.... :-/

4. Re: BOAT trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2018, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Russell