We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

Houston, Texas...
Level Contributor
12 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

Hi there

I want to do 2 weeks in Australia and New Zealand. My time will be short so what are the top activities to do in these places?

14 replies to this topic
Gungahlin, Australia
Destination Expert
for Canberra
Level Contributor
15,492 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: 2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

Assuming you prefer to visit the cold wintery part of the country rather than the warmer or tropical parts of the country, I still do not understand why you said >>I would like to see the great Ocean Road (not all of it)<<.

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
183 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: 2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

The one place I'd recommend in NZ for winter is Queenstown - you can skip over the rest. Queenstown and the skifields and Wanaka. If skiing and snowboarding etc does not interest you, then stick to Australia where it's milder. I like cromansydney's suggestion of 'Sydney, Port Douglas and surrounds for wildlife & GBR and Uluru'.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: 2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

>>> It sounds like the vineyards will not be fun in the winter. What else is there to do in New Zealand <<<

Rugby?

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: 2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do

I live in New Zealand. I would also recommend Queenstown, not just for the ski fields, there is amazing scenery (google oprah & Reese Witherspoon in New Zealand as an example). Wanaka, Tekapo, and Mt Cook are all in the same area and are extremely beautiful which I’d also recommend. The are located in the lower middle of the South Island. Very cold in Winter, but scenic. I’m not a wine drinker, but if you want wineries you would need to head north to the Marlborough/ Nelson region. Kaiteriteri is a nice location in that region.

Reply to: 2 weeks in Australia/ New Zealand... What do do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torquay