We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do near Clear Mountain Lodge.

Gold Coast, QLD...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Topic
What to do near Clear Mountain Lodge.

Anyone know things to do in the area around Clear Mountain Lodge?

2 replies to this topic
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do near Clear Mountain Lodge.

Hi Peter,

I'm a big fan of Samford Village (lots of cute cafes, Flying Nun is the stand out) and exploring D'Aguilar National Park. From Samford Village you can pop out to Mt Glorious which has a number of short walks to do.

From Samford (or Clear Mountain) I like the drive up through Dayboro to Mt Mee. At Mt Mee if you can go ~kinda~ offroad (I've taken my SUV) there is an 8km dirt road that will take you to Rocky Hole - a cool waterhole you can swim in. Dayboro is a nice pitstop with lots of old heritage buildings and a few antiques stores along the way. You can do horse rides here, including one where you ride to the pub for lunch!

Also in the hinterland area is Ocean View Estate Winery & Brewery. Great for lunch and cellar door tastings.

Very close to you, Lake Samsonvale is great for a picnic or barbecue. You can't swim, sadly.

If you head east, Redcliffe has a bit happening with good seafood and boats bobbing Scarborough Harbour.

Or drop into the Sandgate-Brighton area. It has some great places to eat and a couple of cute small bars. Doug's Seafood Cafe is the top pick for fish 'n' chips takeaway.

Bribie Island is gorgeous if you head up that far north. Easy to get to and explore. Sandstone Point Hotel always has lots of events happening too.

Best,

Daniela

Mentioned in this post
Sandstone Point Hotel
Sandstone Point Hotel
634 Reviews
Sandstone Point, Australia
Brisbane Region...
Level Contributor
13 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do near Clear Mountain Lodge.

Driving out to Esk is really nice. Great Queenslander where you can have coffee and get a feel for a nice country area. If you are there on the right day the antique store is open. ---- drive around the dam out there and have some food in the car (picnic style) to stop at one of the picnic areas. I look forward to a day like this! Allow a day to potter around.

Edited: 17 September 2016, 18:59
Reply to: What to do near Clear Mountain Lodge.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Clear Mountain