We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

playing the field in Prague

Arcata, CA
Level Contributor
158 posts
Save Topic
playing the field in Prague

Hey, I am a 23 year old guy, think of traveling to Prague sometime in the next year. I have had a lot of people rave to me about the party scene and the women in Prague. I am wondering if there is a great "hook up" scene there? I guess it varies from person to person, but are women in Prague more open about their sexuality, and interested in American guys. I never really got the full low down, so I don't know if these guys telling the stories were just really good with the ladies, whether they were going to hookers, or what. Anyways, if anyone could clarify things for me any better I would really appreciate it. I don't want to go to Prague just under the pretenses that I will be getting laid, but I definetly wouldn't be opposed to it either.

Thanks a bunch.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: playing the field in Prague

why do you think that just because you are american women here are going to be falling over themselves for you? maybe 15 years ago, but unless someone is desperate, who wants to hook up to an american when it is such a hassle getting a visa to visit you?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: playing the field in Prague

There are some czech girls here who like foreign guys, or American guys, but i think most of the American guys here who are raving about meeting girls are mostly raving about the fact that since the average girl is better looking in prague than in kansas, the average girl that they are capable of getting is one that they would rave about back home. Otherwise, if you don't have any problems to "hook up" at home you won't notice any big difference.

Having said that, if you decide to go to Eastern Slovakia, where foreigners are a rarer breed. You will find that reality matches the imagination and you will find lots of girls that want to meet an American and want to try one too.

So what Peb says is true, maybe it was that way in Prague 15 years ago, but it's not now. So if you ever decided to travel East under the pretense of getting laid, you should stop in Prague to see the scenery and keep moving after you've done the tourist sites.

Mentioned in this post
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
NYC
Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: playing the field in Prague

O M G! and Americans wonder why the world have certain 'views' of them.... I am an American[citizen], but why why why post this???

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: playing the field in Prague

because he thinks just because he is american and obviously looks like brad pitt or someone else famous, that the entire female world will automatically fall over him - he probably has a chat up line in his pocket ready to use in mcdonalds, kentucky fried chicken and if really adventurous, in TGI Fridays

NYC
Level Contributor
180 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: playing the field in Prague

oh if every American male looks like brad pitt.... we'd all stay here and not travel ever! hahaha

New York City
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: playing the field in Prague

I apologize to all my Czech friends for this type of ridiculous post. Gosh. This guy sounds like the typical, American fraternity boy with one thing on his mind and daddy's credit card, and used to getting his way with some easy, clueless girls in college. Stupid.

Why not just ask the question a little better than that, if you feel you need to ask at all? Jeez. Just do research and be tactful . I know one thing. As Peb said, if you show up thinking that you're a big-bad American so girls will come running, you will be sadly mistaken. I found on earlier visits that some people, like alot of the world, don't like America and some people just want to talk about it because they've heard alot about it.

Learn as much of the language as you can, be respectful and let the chips fall where they may.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: playing the field in Prague

Maybe he saw the movie Hostel?

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: playing the field in Prague

then he needs to go to slovakia and not to prague

Prague, Czech...
Level Contributor
192 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: playing the field in Prague

rofl, kinda cool discussion!!

Concord, New...
Level Contributor
467 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: playing the field in Prague

Well, at least he's not asking where to score pot and mushrooms.

I'll put 20 bucks down that this guy passes out in an alleyway and gets pickpocketed or mugged hopefully by a hooker.