We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revolut

County Limerick...
6 posts
Save Topic
Revolut

Hi just wondering if anyone uses the Revolut card for travelling to Krakow?

Is it good or am I better off exchanging my money before I leave home?

Arriving in krakow November 19th.

12 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revolut

I just used Revolut in Budapest with no probs at all. Their rate is excellent compared to most so I don't think you will lose a huge amount if you change at home. Just keep a daily check on the rates.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revolut

Hi couId I just ask if you used your revolut in Krakow please? I've got one but unsure if it's used. It should be ok as it's a mastercard

Poland
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Revolut

If you want to exchange money, do it in Krakow, not before you leave. You will get very good rates for cash - see https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g27472… for details.

If your Revolut card is a Mastercard, there should be no problem using it here. Visa and Mastercard are accepted almost everywhere, with exception of a few smallest businesses.

Krakow, Poland
Destination Expert
for Krakow
Level Contributor
3,290 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Revolut

I hadn't heard of Revolut - it looks great and just what I need! Thanks for the tip OP :)

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Revolut

Revolut is fantastic. I load up in sterling and change at the highest rate. It's actually quite fun 😀

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Revolut

Yes Spidermam I'm in Krakow at present and have had no problems😀

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Revolut

Revolut is very good. Just used it in Krakow. Definitely worth getting. So easy to use and swap money to different currencies on the app.

You also get the exact exchange rate shown on google instead of bad ones that all exchanges use.

Just bear in mind you will get charged 2% withdrawing at the ATM after your first £200/€200 of withdrawals (your first £200/€200 withdrawals are free). Remember to always withdraw in the local currency when given an option at the ATM as it is much cheaper for you. There are no charges when using it as a debit card.

Poland
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Revolut

"you will get charged 2% withdrawing at the ATM after your first £200/€200 of withdrawals (your first £200/€200 withdrawals are free)" - does it apply to a single withdrawal (i.e. withdrawals under £200/€200 are always free) or to total withdrawals in a certain period (e.g. if I withdraw more than £200/€200 in a month, I have to pay the charge)? If the latter is the case, that would make Revolut attractive only for very short trips.

Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Revolut

It's the total so to give an example- if you do 4 withdrawals of £50 each they would all be free but the 5th withdrawal of £50 would be charged at 2%

OR

if you do one withdrawal of £200 then that will be free but any further withdrawals will be charged at 2%.

So 'total withdrawals in a given period' is the answer to your question

Hope this makes it a bit clearer! If not let me know :)

Edited: 02 February 2018, 21:04
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Revolut

Per month.

Reply to: Revolut
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted