We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do in Feb

2 posts
Save Topic
Stag do in Feb

Me and my friends are on a stag do in Krakow in Feb for 3 nights (thursday to sunday.) i was wondering if anyone could help in regards to what good cheap activities there are to do and wheres good for the night life. Are bars and clubs ok with stag parties? Thanks for your help

13 replies to this topic
west midlands
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do in Feb

A. Bit Of research is vital have a look at the threads in the forum above. Especially on safety, and make sure all stags are kept uptodate Kraków is a wonderful place

Karlsruhe, Germany
Destination Expert
for Baden-Wurttemberg
Level Contributor
10,543 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do in Feb

Tell your mates that peeing and puking in the streets is not considered acceptable, not even at 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning after the bars close.

I observed too many drunk Brits in Krakow...

Timbuktu, Mali
Level Contributor
14 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do in Feb

I would highly recommend doing an escape room, theres a few companies to choose from. Good for groups and its a lot of fun. The one we went to was reasonably priced too.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do in Feb

Thank you for your reply. We definetly wont be puking or peeing in the streets, we’re a good group of lads who are sensible and respectful. Do you know how bars etc would be if we dressed the groom in fancy dress? Nothing offensive, just something to make him stand out

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
1,132 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag do in Feb

I have seen a number of hens 'dressed up' but not stags. You will be fine in restaurants and bars, but someone advised recently not to enter night clubs in a large group, better to break into small groups. The doormen will take no nonsense. Please read up on the two girl scam on this forum, and warn your friends! You will find nightclubs in Szewska street, directly off the square. Lost Souls Alley (haunted house), escape room or a shooting range come to mind.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag do in Feb

fancy dress recently is aceptable only in some bars and only in few clubs who don't care becuase they are not busy . Restaurants not allowing anymore .

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
2,135 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag do in Feb

Don't be surprised if the fancy dress doesn't go down too well, it may seem funny and original to your group, but bars, restaurants and locals (including us expats) have seen it thousands of times and it is now very tedious. It's probably 6 or 7 years since there's been anything original.

peterborough
Level Contributor
148 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag do in Feb

its a shame you want a stag night in krakow , I hope the place dosnt end up like benidorm

Hinckley, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag do in Feb

A stag night doesn't have to be vomiting in the street and urinating up lamp posts to be fair to the OP. A social experience in a different city seems like a good thing to want to to to me. I'm sure the locals enjoy being drunk now and then too. As long as people behave respectably there should be no problem. I'd say that whether it was Krakow or Skegness. Seems to be a fair bit of snobbery on show as soon as the words 'stag do' are uttered.

Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag do in Feb

Corrie

If there is snobbery on this forum re stag do’s, then kindly explain why (when Krakow was the “in place” for stag parties and groups of English blokes) some bars used to have a sign outside stating “No English”?

As the number of stag parties and groups o English have fallen due to “been there, done that”, then the signs of “No English” have come down.

Yes, the Polish like to have a drink, but they won’t be walking around drunk at 6pm, neither will one of them be dressed in a childish outfit or, dressed in a full length penis costume!!! Yes, I actually saw an English stag dressed like that during the daytime.

Neither will you see large groups of Polish men sat in the gardens in Rynek Glowny being loud, crass and obnoxious, disturbing other people’s enjoyment and relaxation.

Years ago I suggested to a bar manager that Krakow should try and stop the drunken English visiting Krakow as they would ruin it and told him how they would behave. A couple of years later he told me I was right and almost repeated what I had said except for one I hadn’t thought of “and they pinch the waitresses bottoms”

Krakow was far nicer before the budget airlines landed.

Edited: 20 January 2018, 17:38
Reply to: Stag do in Feb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted